If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Back at it.... a decade on.8i

Dave G2

Soooo..... After 10 years of it  languishing under the bed in the spare  bedroom room, nostalgia, curiosity or some other urge driving me, i fetched my n gauge layout out and took the sheet off it....just for a quick look.

Anyway,  2 weeks on and it's now on the dining room table, surrounded by rolling stock, buildings and..... 2mm scale DG couplings.

i must admit the enthusiasm level is there, but so is the realisation that I have sausages for fingers and the eyes ain't what they used to be... but the wife's comment of " it'll be good for you to get back into that...it'll give you something to do when you're not fishing". Keeps me pushing....I've  started now...well, restarted, so onwards.

I'm  Dave, from Wigston,  just outside Leicester.

Nice to be here.

I've been railway modelling on and off for a few years... 00 gauge originally,  but now modelling N.... gonna stick with N as the eyes n fingers aren't sharp enough for finescale. Might be picking a few brains along the way, please bear with me....thanks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Dave, welcome on board!  Sticking with a scale / gauge you’re familiar with can be a good move - not only does it make good use of what you already have, but it can also be what you’re subconsciously used to as well.  Oh, and when I was a kid I lived in Countesthorpe for a few years - and was very happy there!  Have fun, Keith,.

• Like 1