If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

A1 models class 24 etched valance pieces

Richard_A

2 hours ago, rka said:

Does anyone have any of those lying around, that they no longer need? 

Yep, I do - and etched cab doors, underframe battery box/fuel tank overlays, curved roof panel and cast whitemetal marker lights if you could use them too. Somebody gave them to me over 30 years ago so I'm only too happy for them to be put to good use at last.

These parts were originally intended to modify the Hornby Class 25 of course - if you intend to 'backdate' a Bachmann model I would recommend an inexpensive replacement underframe from:

https://www.ekmexhibitions.co.uk/store/CL24-UNDERFRAME-O-S-with-skirt-Green-or-Blue-p257922071

It even comes ready-painted if your subject loco is green (the blue u/f is the later cutaway version, I don't think Bachmann have ever done the full-length valance u/f in blue). Thought I 'd mention this here in case it's of any interest to other Class 24 modellers.

PM me if you'd still like the A1 bits.

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Halvarras said:

Yep, I do - and etched cab doors, underframe battery box/fuel tank overlays, curved roof panel and cast whitemetal marker lights if you could use them too. Somebody gave them to me over 30 years ago so I'm only too happy for them to be put to good use at last.

These parts were originally intended to modify the Hornby Class 25 of course - if you intend to 'backdate' a Bachmann model I would recommend an inexpensive replacement underframe from:

https://www.ekmexhibitions.co.uk/store/CL24-UNDERFRAME-O-S-with-skirt-Green-or-Blue-p257922071

It even comes ready-painted if your subject loco is green (the blue u/f is the later cutaway version, I don't think Bachmann have ever done the full-length valance u/f in blue). Thought I 'd mention this here in case it's of any interest to other Class 24 modellers.

PM me if you'd still like the A1 bits.

Thanks, I have two silver fox models body shells, the valance are thin resin and one has been broken so I figure that if I overlay them to strengthen them it would help. 

2 hours ago, rka said:

Thanks, I have two silver fox models body shells, the valance are thin resin and one has been broken so I figure that if I overlay them to strengthen them it would help. 

Ah, I see - so just the valances then. Can do!