Dapol Class 22 lighting

geoffers

I persuaded myself that a Dapol Class 22 with sound would be a nice idea - 4D-012-010S D6330 in green. I have a query regarding the lighting. Curiously when running in forward both ends light up with headlights whereas in reverse just one end plus the red light at the other end.  Does anyone know if there are CVs which I need to tinker with? Indeed are there any recommended CVs for the sound version? Thanks.

Well think I have sorted this light issue. The sound decoder is supposed to be a 6-function Dapol 21-pin Imperium. As far as I know to reset this decoder you have to reset CV8 to value 4. This did nowt. So I reset CV8 to value 8 and this did the trick. Now I have to sort the sound out as it is far too loud but none of the Dapol advice for volume control works ie, CV266. Have tried CV63 to no avail. I use a NCE PowerCab and have I imagined some debate that Imperium decoders and NCE controller don't always see eye to eye? Or is there some CV sequence I need carry out in order to change the Imperium CVs?  I'm confused.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1