N Gauge Class 23

On 19/12/2023 at 19:38, evolsurt said:

Bit of an odd question but does anyone have an STL file to allow 3D printing of a BR Class 23 body please?

Lincon loco do one in 3mm scale, may be a email to him to see if a rescale is possible. Check out TT100 thread on his High peak 3mm layout for pictures of the baby....some good modeling on show

16 hours ago, evolsurt said:

That pic looks great - what chassis are you planning on using?

Thanks, If I could I would use the Dapol 26, as it has a wheelbase within 2mm, a nice empty cab area to allow the nose and baby deltic cab to fit, and lighting apparatus for nose mounted lights like discs.
However as the budget is somewhat lower, I will likely be stratchbuilding the chassis from using prints, weights, farish spare worms, wheelsets, and I have some gearboxed motors shipping from China to try.

Edited by tom s

52 minutes ago, bradfordbuffer said:

Lincon loco do one in 3mm scale, may be a email to him to see if a rescale is possible. Check out TT100 thread on his High peak 3mm layout for pictures of the baby....some good modeling on show

TT100's weathering on it looks perfect, I even recognised the unusual rusting on the roof panels from D5901's time at derby

• Agree 2

Thanks both, D5901 looks superb! Have emailed Lincoln Loco to see if they could scale the class 23 down, will let you know how that pans out.

I had a feeling you would use a class 26 chassis tom as that’s the one I don’t have (24, 25, & a couple of 27s) 🙄 - good luck with the build 🤞

Ah the 27 would work too, the 26 27 and 33 all share a 39ft wheelbase and 3' 7'' wheels, which is 3mm shorter but close to the 40ft 6in of the 23.
I don't own any of them though so it'd be tricky to size it up, thanks though!

The 24/25 are 36ft 6in wheelbases so 8mm too short, but the tower mounted pickups look more pleasant to worth when fitting new bogie frames than with the Dapol pointy axle pickup units.

Edited by tom s

• 1 month later...