Model Railroader Track Plan Plea

Guest 40-something

Guest 30-something

Hi Folks

Bit of a longshot here but here goes!

Im looking for a copy of the track plan for the layout built by Model Railroader in the late 90's or early 00's. The layout was N Gauge, 6ft by 3ft (I think!), served a small town, continuous run and featured a truss river ridge at the left-hand side.

I would love copies of the construction articles if possible!!!

There is a facility in the Model Train Magazine Index to search for a track plan of a particular size and gauge. Unfortunately the index is no longer being updated but it's current to 2006.

This link gives you the results I got - any look familiar?

• RMweb Gold

Hello Joe,

I think these could be a MR project layout from arround 1996 I don't know the name. But it was an oval, which disappears behind a wooden ridge. There was a river on the left side, which was crossed by the railway.

Markus

Guest 30-something

You're thinking of the N scale Carolina Central, built primarily by former MR associate editor Marty McGuirk. See Marty's books to order a copy of his book showing how he built the CC, complete with trackplan.

Here's a link showing the trackplan: Carolina Central

Thats exactly the plan!!! Many thanks for that, my brains pencil is already scribbling!

Thanks again

Joe

This short thread is a great example of the of the benefits of RMweb.

Someone posts a relatively request, and within a few hours someone provides the answer.

Never fails to amaze me.

Pretty nice track plan as well!

Andrew

This short thread is a great example of the of the benefits of RMweb.

Someone posts a relatively request, and within a few hours someone provides the answer.

Never fails to amaze me.

Pretty nice track plan as well!

Andrew

Glad to help out! I've benefitted from so many others' advice and experience on this site as a I delve into 1:76 scale.

Archived