Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Cardiff swapmeets

vikingsmb

happy new year all :)

I've noticed on the chris dyer fairs site that the 2 shows locally in brecon and llanelli are under new management, is there any word about reinstating the cardiff train/toy fairs please? as it's a bit of a trek to llanelli and brecon 

Unfortunately due to a very foolish comment by myself on here which I now wholeheartedly regret, 2 years ago I was no longer made welcome at lord and butler so unable to get second hand stuff as much as I used to 

Many thanks 

Admin please move if in wrong area.

Edited by vikingsmb
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 hours ago, vikingsmb said:

happy new year all :)

I've noticed on the chris dyer fairs site that the 2 shows locally in brecon and llanelli are under new management, is there any word about reinstating the cardiff train/toy fairs please? as it's a bit of a trek to llanelli and brecon 

Unfortunately due to a very foolish comment by myself on here which I now wholeheartedly regret, 2 years ago I was no longer made welcome at lord and butler so unable to get second hand stuff as much as I used to 

Many thanks 

Admin please move if in wrong area.

Many years ago I visited the late lamented Cardiff Ian Allan store with my partner. She had never set foot in such an emporium in her life. Her reaction, inspired by Stanley Kubrick and Arthur C Clarke: 'My God! It's full of nerds!' Fortunately no one heard, so no one got banned!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, vikingsmb said:

Why not ring them up, speak apologetically and ask if the ban can be lifted? All they can do is tell you to get lost!

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 02/02/2024 at 21:42, Pmorgancym said:

I've never heard if anyone being banned from a model.shop, what on earth did you say!!

it was a post on this forum, I will have to dig it out when i get five, I'am a customer at the end of the day. 

Edited by vikingsmb

On 03/02/2024 at 22:57, vikingsmb said:

it was a post on this forum, I will have to dig it out when i get five, I'am a customer at the end of the day. 

Perhaps it was this ?

Posted September 6, 2020 (edited)

I use lendons as it is just up the road from me, as he does spares etc, which Lord and butler dont, and i tend to not go to lord and butler any more due to the following reasons

1- I have to drive right across cardiff to go there pain in the backside on a saturday fuel cost etc, only time I need to go across cardiff if im in work at cbyc or with sea cadets

2 - Dont have what I want -they dont do spares, and sometimes their s/h range needs lot to be desired. 

3- I've found in the past that their S/H locos need full strip downs and overhauling,

so I dont use them anymore, but rob at lendons is always very helpful with me, and he also does loco remags as well, plus he does ringfield etc spares so I will give him definate thumbs up :D, and he's local so a bonus, he is starting up a second hand range so will keep a keen eye out on his site.

edit i'm longer welcome at l&b due to my comments, i'm entitled to my own opinion and said it as a customer. 

20 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

I had a life around firearms and never once shot myself in the foot.

And I can recall very little Latin from my schooldays, other than "caveat emptor"

• Agree 1