Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Entered wrong password when connecting to network first time with Rocco WLANmaus: now stuck

• RMweb Gold

Hello, I hope everyone is well.

I am a new user of DCC, have briefly used my Roco Z21 black with one loco and the app on my phone, so far.

I also have a new WLANmaus (because I thought I might like the more tactile nature of it).

Setting up and connecting to the Z21 network was going fine, until I finished entering the password... and then realised that you need to press each key multiple times to enter a number (except for 1 and 0 where only one press is needed). And therefore the password I actually entered was, of course, incorrect.

And at this point, I and the WLANmaus are stuck. Can't even turn it off without taking out the batteries! And turning it on again, still stuck at the same place. I was able to get into the menu, search for networks, find the network, but not able to re-enter the password, it just seemed to remember the wrong one, so still stuck! 

I tried to do a factory reset, the maus turned off. But when turned on again, straight back to being stuck.

Please can someone tell me how get the maus to forget the wrong password / let me enter the password correctly?

Thanks!

IMG_20240101_144829_244~2.jpg

IMG_20240101_144826_071~2.jpg

I don't know what router you are using, but generally you will see it beside the SSID as the default password. Be careful that you are not using the Admin password which is used to manage the router 😉