Phoenix/BSL coach kit, door hinges and bogies

Thanks for your help previously. Progress has been very slow!  I have two issues. 
1. Hinges. I have the door hinges for a Comet coach kit but these look massively over scale. The long ones look to be about 2mm thick (6 inches) and the short ones look as long as the thick ones just not as thick. Or am I missing something and not understanding how they should be fitted? I was thinking a small piece of wire would work just as well but I am not confident or making them all the same length, what thickness wire would work?

2.  Bogies. You kindly helped me

before with instructions on how to make the bogies. Unfortunately when I inserted the bearings the axle was too wide for the bogie frame meaning the bogie would not fit together. I had all sorts of bearing types but none would work. The axle box looks too thin to drill out any further. Should I just bite the bullet and buy the Comet ones?

IMG_2435.jpeg

IMG_2434.jpeg

IMG_2436.jpeg

Edited by ez3626
Added photo/changed title

• ez3626 changed the title to Phoenix/BSL coach kit, door hinges and bogies

You can file down pinpoint bearings to sit deeper in the bogie side frames.

If you are using old Romford wheelsets the axles are too long.

You can move the wheels up the axles and then using a power drill/cordless and file down the axles to length required. 

The Comet bogies will be over wide even if you file the cast sides as thin as you dare.

Comet hinges work and look good.

Although I use their door handles as hinges. (By the time they're painted you can't tell)

17042317001429157998673373904670.jpg

Edited by lofty1966
  • Thanks 1