Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

MY WORKSHOP / MY WORKBENCH

Some workbench photos have been posted on another thread, somehow I found them fascinating, rather than clog up that tread, have started this new one. My workshop scratch built 12"-1', based on SER ground frame, window frames bought in, individual boards rather than scribed, workbench gets a clean/tidy up between projects, but soon ends up like this again. Please post your photos so we can all feel at ease with our untidiness, or be inspired to keep things tidy.

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0711.JPG

Edited by fulton
correction
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

At the start of last year I was not modelling much as the chore of putting up the work bench on the kitchen table took 20 minutes to put up and take down  

so I built a semi permanent in the model room that take 10 minutes to take down if I want to run trains 

this has helped a lot I have done a lot more modelling I am a bit OCD s i tidy up at the end of each session 

my bench seen mid session 

workbench

John

• Like 5

For me it's the usual 6" square of useable space and the rest full of junk. It does get an occasional tidy up. The drawer underneath is the 'cupboard of shame' (full of unbuilt kits). I can heartily recommend the metal cabinet to the left of the bench, it is great for storage of tools and materials. I got this from a closed down office where it was due to be skipped and it has pretty much revolutionised my modelling. You think the workbench is untidy? You should have seen it before! 

IMG_20240108_093301_MP.jpg.334328b79a881feb8628ad6bb3b1531c.jpg

IMG_20240110_084334_MP.jpg.f8a819b5dee1ba049ac9786966d6b58c.jpg

• Like 2