What's happening at Warley MRC?

Chris M

Before Christmas I mentioned the free build a model railway training sessions at the Warley clubrooms. We have 11 people booked in for the first of these sessions on Saturday 3rd February at the Warley clubrooms in Oldbury. That's a nice number for our first session but we reckon we could host a few more.
The club has some timber and some track available so course members have materials available to build a simple, probably plank type layout. The great thing about these sessions is that they will be completely free. Warley club is doing this in order to help people get started. There will be further training sessions in March and April. If this works out well we plan to continue throughout the year.
If you are interested you can book you place at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/warley-model-railway-club-free-training-sessions-tickets-755709977887?aff=ebdssbdestsearch&keep_tld=1

• Like 4

Also please note that our first open day of the year will be on Sunday 18th February 11:00 to 16:00. Entry is free as usual and of course everyone is welcome, especially families.  . We think it is important to offer free events in these difficult times. Everyone is welcome to come along, see our many layouts, and have a chat about anything related to model railways.

Warley club members love to do things to encourage the development of our wonderful hobby. Warley club is pleased to be able to offer these two events and further events later in the year.

• Like 3

I guess a third item than can be announced is a new 009 layout project. This will be 12ft by 3ft (yes we still work in old money) on three boards. It is planned to fit into one or 2 cars so it can be easily and cheaply transported to exhibitions.  I think I can say the project has officially started this week as the timber for the baseboards has arrived. Marking up will start next Tuesday. I'm pleased to say that we have a nice little crew who will be working on this project but iIf anyone is interested in getting involved they are welcome to come along on a Tuesday afternoon/evening or come to the above mentioned open day and have a chat.

• Like 1

Just had the email that the 2024 show won't be at the NEC - will there be another venue, or have we seen the last of "actual" Warley Shows, or will it become "Open Days" or "Virtual Exhibitions", as several other clubs are resorting to?