Parsley Sidings. An Inglenook using some 1980’s locos and stock.

47606odin

Well, as I have completed my Z scale Christmas layout, and still mulling things over on my Hither Green O gauge layout, I bought a floating shelf from my local hardware superstore I thought I’d use it to make a OO layout.

now I’m a bit of a special type of person who looks through 1000’s of photos of prototype things and see detail that looks wrong in OO, mainly due to the track gauge. And for this reason, as well as issues with coupler droop etc meant I threw in the towel and left OO.

however, being a shopaholic, and keep looking at stuff I like, I sort of went a bit nostalgic. From my youth I have the first loco I ever purchased new. A GWR pannier from Hornby in Gloss black. This was before I saw sense and went southern lol, anyway, with this, and a Percy I thought well, I could build something to play with, old school, so DC a few sidings, and with good old fashioned couplings which don’t droop and will line up. So I have bought 10 old mainline wagons for my locos to play with.

so here is the plan, a DC powered Inglenook layout, with a GWR pannier, or Percy, and some good old code 100 track, manually operated points so the thing will all be robust and pretty much indestructible, and some nice scenic detail, so even if the track isn’t finescale, at least it’ll look nice.

i will be videoing the build for YouTube as well as adding photos, all of which will be linked here. 

so here we go…..let’s play trains rather than be a modeller

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

I will say, the little clip I’ve been working on today has come out well. I can now get on with the video. It’s been a productive day

I”m not sure how much time people realise it takes to create and edit a video. Possibly longer than to build the actual layout, but I enjoy it, to a point. I try not to let it take over, but I hope the end result is worth it

• Like 3

7 hours ago, 47606odin said:

I will say, the little clip I’ve been working on today has come out well. I can now get on with the video. It’s been a productive day

I”m not sure how much time people realise it takes to create and edit a video. Possibly longer than to build the actual layout, but I enjoy it, to a point. I try not to let it take over, but I hope the end result is worth it

I was once asked to film myself creating of various parts for a song backing, so that a short documentary could be made of the process, from the perspectives of those taking part...   The song was 3:40 long... my edited footage for the documentary was nearly 2 hours (so much for "short").  And yes - the filming and editing takes way longer than the actual doing!  😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 25kV said:

I was once asked to film myself creating of various parts for a song backing, so that a short documentary could be made of the process, from the perspectives of those taking part...   The song was 3:40 long... my edited footage for the documentary was nearly 2 hours (so much for "short").  And yes - the filming and editing takes way longer than the actual doing!  😉

indeed. This is the first time I’ve created a  short animation to include in the video. It’ll all become clear hopefully in the video

Looks like Parsley Sidings is going to be able to run a Market day excursion to Biggleswick

IMG_5227.jpeg.544199fcbddb12df2f387a6d63b1ebaa.jpeg

IMG_5229.jpeg.d880ddb44466c52cb0776d08cecac8bc.jpeg

An absolute cracker and a real bargain to boot!

£43. DCC chip fitted. Absolutely mint Limby version

Not everything in this hobby is expensive

• Like 3