What privately owned exhibition standard layouts are there in the Edinburgh area?

Dungrange

The Edinburgh and Lothian Miniature Railway club (ELMRC) will be hosting a new exhibition at George Watson's College on 1st/2nd June 2024.  Many of our fellow Scottish clubs have exhibition layouts that we're aware of and some will be making an appearance, but are there any private individuals in the wider Edinburgh area with a layout that they'd like to exhibit?

If so, can you either message me on here or e-mail secretary@elmrc.org.uk.

We won't be replacing Warley, but we think Edinburgh needs a Model Railway Exhibition.

I understand that George Herriot's was a venue for a few past exhibitions, but they were more than 20-25 years ago (possibly longer).  George Watson's is a new venue for us and we're not aware of a model railway exhibition having been held there before.

I'll start an Exhibition thread once all the details have been confirmed and our advertising is in place, but I'm aware that there may be some privately owned layouts out there that we're not aware of, that are looking for their first outing.  I've seen previous threads where posters have been seeking advice on getting their first exhibition invite, so thought I'd start this thread inviting prospective exhibitors to get in touch with us.

• RMweb Gold

We (the West of Scotland 4mm Group) would always be interested in exhibiting our layout (s) at a show in Edinburgh - either this year or in the future.

Currently we have Garlieston - P4, 4m x 1.5m, available, for which we usually do not require expenses or accommodation overnight (and would not for a show in Edinburgh - only further afield). We also have other members' layouts available.

Let me know if you'd like further details and I'll get our exhibition coordinator to get in touch. 

• Like 1

On 15/01/2024 at 22:48, Modelrailwayquest said:

Have you looked at the DOGA website, their members are all over the UK and they list their personal layouts ready to attend shows

Thanks for the suggestion.  There is also a layout database on here https://www.rmweb.co.uk/exhibition-layouts/ but unfortunately not all of the layouts state where the builder is located and there doesn't appear to be any way to search the listed layouts by region - just scale.  Whilst some people may be willing to travel all over the country, that doesn't mean that we can afford their expenses. ☹️

5 hours ago, John B said:

Let me know if you'd like further details and I'll get our exhibition coordinator to get in touch. 

Thanks - I've just sent you a PM.