If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Moin,Moin!

Inoffapost

Standard 'hail and well met!' greeting of North West Germany.

I thought I would join the forum after a bit of 'lurking'. There seems to be a bit more activity on here than some other forums I've seen so hopefully that means the hobby is alive and well......on here anyway!

I got back into the hobby about 3 years ago, after a 50 year break. Lovely how things have changed. DCC, the quality of the models, you tube, Charlie Bishop etc. Breathtaking.

I was tempted by stumbling across models at a modelling exhibition and marketplace of some of the actual rail projects I had worked on in the real railway world. So I decided to recapture my former career in model form. It's been a lot of fun, and expense, so far. The first layout was built without any real thought just to see if I could actually build one and get it working. Having made ALL the mistakes that could have been avoided if I had researched it first I've now got Anyrail on the laptop and am planning 'The Layout'. Oh, and my daughter knows she can't have her old bedroom back! She's 29...deal with it!

I look forward to picking all of your brains..........

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1