Edinburgh model railway show 2024

virginhst539

Returning to the exhibition circuit ELMRC will be holding their first exhibition in a number of years over the weekend of 1st and the 2nd of June 2024 at George Watson's College, Edinburgh. 

Full list of traders and layouts to follow shortly and for the most up to date info can be found on the Edinburgh and Lothians Miniature Railway Club website/facebook page.

Edited by virginhst539
  • Like 6

• virginhst539 changed the title to Edinburgh model railway show 2024
  • 1 month later...

The Edinburgh and Lothians Miniature Railway Club (ELMRC) are hosting a new exhibition in Edinburgh at

George Watson's College

Colinton Road

Edinburgh

EH10 5EG

Sat 1st June 2024: 10am – 5pm
Sun 2nd June 2024: 10am – 5pm

Adults (16 years and over) – £8
Children (5 to 15, must be accompanied by an Adult) – £3
Under 5s – Free
Family (2 adults, 2 children) – £18

Tickets are available on the door, or can be pre-booked for a discount at  https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/elmrc.  Advance booking will close on Friday 31st May 2024.

The following Layouts have been confirmed:

Carr Street -                       Steam era goods depot -                            O  - Renfrewshire MRC 

United Mills -                     1950s/60s Scottish Industrial -                  P4 - East of Scotland 4mm Group

Cartom West -                   Modern Scotrail Terminus -                       00 - Tam Gault

Dains Yard -                       1970s Scottish Shunting Puzzle -              00 - Dundee MRC

Glendevon -                       1950s Scottish Branch line -                      00 - Edinburgh and Lothians MRC

Glenkiln Road -                  1930s southern Scottish branch line -    00 - Glasgow and West of Scotland MRC

St Cuthbert -                      1950s Southwest Scotland -                      00 - Thistle Modelmakers

Tulloch Bridge -                 West Highland 2004-12 -                           00 - Martin Stewart / Scottish Modellers

Balornock Goods -            1970s Glasgow Yard -                                H0 - Kirkintilloch MRC

Eastern Steel & Iron -       1950s/60s North American Industrial -  H0 - Stirling & Clackmannanshire District MRC

Levenbank -                       Scottish ECML Post privatisation -            N  - Glenrothes MRC

Nanjai Eki -                         Modern era Japan -                                     N  - Perth MRG

Wallacetoun Junction -    1990s Scottish station -                               N  - Dundee MRC

The following traders have been confirmed:

Bernie Campbell

Douglas Blades

Franzi's Scenic Dioramas

KMS Railtech

Lathalmond Models

Rainbow Railways

The following Societies and Demonstrations have been confirmed:

N Gauge Society - Forth and Clyde Area Group

Model Electronic Railway Group (MERG)

An up to date list of attendees is on the club's exhibition website at https://elmrc.org.uk/elmrc-exhibition/

Edited by Dungrange
N Gauge Society amended to add Forth and Clyde Area Group
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who attended Glasgow in February will have seen the flyers and the exhibition banners. As can be seen from the information in the above post its shaping up to be a great show

image.png.95afe457b5529fb2740bca337f4087c2.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 03/03/2024 at 04:19, Dungrange said:

The Edinburgh and Lothians Miniature Railway Club (ELMRC) are hosting a new exhibition in Edinburgh at George Watson's College

Wow! Takes me back to the 70s!

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, 26power said:

Are you thinking of the exhibitions at George Heriot’s school?  I.e. not George Watson’s?

Yes! Memory fade 50 years on! Thanks for the correction. At least I got the George part right - not Dirty Daniel's or Mucky Mary's. St George's School is another story altogether...

Yes, I understand that there were model railway exhibitions at George Herriot's many years ago but I don't think George Watson's College has been used before.  I hope our prospective customers don't go to the wrong venue!!!😭

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

Yes, I understand that there were model railway exhibitions at George Herriot's many years ago but I don't think George Watson's College has been used before.  I hope our prospective customers don't go to the wrong venue!!!😭

And we can't have people attending the 'wrong' school in Edinburgh ..... !

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

Hi Alex, long time no see.

Well no-one can accuse you of attending the "wrong" school as yours was most definitely "approved"

Jim 

(Another escapee from Cumbernauld MRC)

9 hours ago, Alex TM said:

And we can't have people attending the 'wrong' school in Edinburgh ..... !

Having never attended any school in Edinburgh, I'm not sure which ones are 'right' and 'wrong'.  Hopefully not too many consider GWC to be the 'wrong' school.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Please note the reference to The N Gauge Society isn't quite right!

It is the NGS Forth & Clyde Area Group that are attending and providing a range of demonstrations of N Gauge modelling.

A fair range of subjects will be covered!

So far - Building NGS kits, Building Laser Cut buildings. Decal and weathering models. 

As usual we are quite happy to answer any queries on N Gauge subjects, not just the Society but general queries about N Gauge modelling.

See you at the show!

Phil H - NGS - F&C Area Group

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Scottish Modeller said:

Please note the reference to The N Gauge Society isn't quite right!

It is the NGS Forth & Clyde Area Group that are attending and providing a range of demonstrations of N Gauge modelling.

Phil, Okay - I'll update the post and get the webmaster to update the website as well.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 17/04/2024 at 22:22, Dungrange said:

Having never attended any school in Edinburgh, I'm not sure which ones are 'right' and 'wrong'.  Hopefully not too many consider GWC to be the 'wrong' school.

As an outsider in Edinburgh I, too, am not sure which are 'right' and which are 'wrong' though it seems to matter for job interviews.  It can be amusing to see the hierarchy at work amongst middle-aged men.  Growing up in, the west of Scotland being asked what school I went to was for another, and rather unpleasant, reason.

More importantly, I am looking forwrad to the show and have it in my diary.

• Like 1