NOCH 2024 - N Albulabahn

swisspeat

I have just watched the Neu Items 2024 presentation by Noch and the Albulabahn layout and Bergun buildings looked very tempting in N scale. These appear in the second half of the recording.

It can be viewed on their You Tube channel.

The layout used the Kato rolling stock that too looked very nice to a semi dyed in the wool HOm man like myself!

Peterimage.png.8ee6f745ff50cf9e679e29e57a864e28.png

Edited by swisspeat
  • Like 4

Yes, the whole Easy Track system looks really good. I like the way that they are providing all the parts you need to construct a neat, multi-level layout structure, so involving some construction but taking a lot of the stress and, for some people, chore out of it, and letting the modeller get on with the enjoyable side of scenic modelling. The hobby really needs this kind of innovation if it is to prosper. 
Like you, I’m heavily invested in HO and HOm, so it’s not going to be for me, but I think I did notice a brief mention that the Bergün station building will be available as an HO kit in September. I hope that the loco shed and the depot building based on Samedan will be produced in HO. And why only produce the attractive stone arched bridges in N and Z?

I’ve also just had a look at the very nicely produced Faller new items video. The Bodensee Schiff looks really exciting - assuming that’s going to be in HO. The only serious model kits in HO of European lake boats that I’ve previously seen are very large and very expensive, so I’ll be keeping an eye on the Fallervmodel, although it’s bound to be pricey given its size and complexity. 
faller also appear to be going to produce a traditional Engadine house, complete with very well produced scraffito facade. The contemporary style house looked potentially very useful and could be seen anywhere in Europe, as did the brewery and modern glass walled office building, though they will probably be too big for my layout. 
There didn’t seem to be much in the way of useful structures in the Viessmann/Kibri video, which was very poorly presented in my opinion and quite difficult to follow. 

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for sharing this Peter. Having watched the video now I think the new buildings look excellent in N.

The Albulabahn model featuring the Easy Track system is also pretty special. Hats off to the Noch staff who put that together including the catenary!

I think this embed should start at the correct point for anyone that's interested:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2