Bachmann class 03 window falling in to cab

Any one got advice in removing the floor of the cab on the Bachmann class 03 diesel shunter, the window has fallen inside and can't work out how to get it back in place. I see advice on this forum previously for the class 08 but the photos showing how to remove the cab have been lost. Thanks in advance.

• RMweb Premium
57 minutes ago, david12345 said:

Any one got advice in removing the floor of the cab on the Bachmann class 03 diesel shunter, the window has fallen inside and can't work out how to get it back in place. I see advice on this forum previously for the class 08 but the photos showing how to remove the cab have been lost. Thanks in advance.

You don’t remove the floor. The cab is held by tabs and glue. The join lines are rear and sides of the footplate, and around the bonnet. There’s a bit of breaking and entering involved, very similar to the 08

• Thanks 1

Thanks PMP, I'll wait till a day I've got a load of patience in reserve by the sounds of it.

5 minutes ago, PMP said:

You don’t remove the floor. The cab is held by tabs and glue. The join lines are rear and sides of the footplate, and around the bonnet. There’s a bit of breaking and entering involved, very similar to the 08

I've had one of mine apart, for the same reason, and IIRC there was little if any glue involve - the body is assembled by sliding the cab down onto the floor with the front panel engaging in a groove at the rear of the bonnet, and clips into place at the bottom. To remove the cab therefore these clips need to be released by easing the cab sides out with a small flat-bladed screwdriver - it may be necessary to insert something both sides simultaneously to get the cab to disengage.

One complication on reassembly is the need to get the two contacts for the cab lighting into the aperture at the top rear edge of the bonnet while sliding the cab down - I had to have a few attempts at that before I cracked it (um........not literally 🙂!)

• Informative/Useful 2