ADE Ho BR285 HVLE

TTDB

I’m always on the look out for models to complement my proposed North German HO diesel layout that’s loosely based on the Westerland area, I’m waiting for my NOB married coach set from ASM and I’ve also got a 2700 disspolok on order.

On a YouTube reconnaissance mission I noted that CFL operate numerous freights around the area so I duly sourced the correct loco from Mehano in blue and silver/grey.
I’m not sure if  HVLE operations are on the Marschbahn  but I do find their livery attractive and varied motive power , so set about looking for a loco to join the roster, I had seen these locos from ADE a few years ago being heavily discounted together with some trailer hupac style wagons from a German retailer I purchased a few wagons as at the time I was modelling ÖBB but not the loco. So when doing a search on eBay.de for HVLE I was lucky to find this newly listed BR285 from ADE in as new boxed condition. I’ve been modelling HO for 40 years and remember when ADE coaches were the cutting edge of quality and detail in the 80s but what happened to them? 
my question is what happened to the BR285 loco tooling from ADE I’d say it’s slightly better than my BRAWA Br245 locos I have in detail. I see ESU also have the TRAXX diesels as do TRIX are any of theee the old ADE tooling? It seems that some manufacturers are sharing tooling now like Hobbytrade-Roco dostos and here in the uk accurascale taking the Hattons 66 over but does this happen in Germany? 

IMG_8004.jpeg

IMG_8003.jpeg

IMG_8005.jpeg

• Like 3

Willi Ade had a very long and distinguished career in the model railway industry. He died in 2011 and his firm was continued by his daughter, selling off the remaining stock, maybe. The web-site is still live, as you can see, but has not been updated for ages - I think. Willi was a very talented model-maker and engineer - his first venture was the plastic-kit manufacturer WiAd, with a long stint later with Röwa, and indirectly Trix, for whom he designed, before setting up again in his own business. His scale-length H0 coaches are fantastic.

https://ade-eisenbahn-modelle.de/147/lokomotiven/diesel-loks

https://www.modellbahntechnik-aktuell.de/meldung/modellbahnpionier-willy-ade-verstorben/#

Edited by rekoboy
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I have a set of ADE centre entry bogie carriages in DB Green. Despite being around 40 years old, the level of detail is excellent and they hold their own against far more modern offerings. I did not, however, realise they produced locomotives.