RMweb

NCE power pro loses cab connection

I have NCE system, a NCE power cab upgraded to power pro 5 amp system using the power cab handset as the throttle. The handset frequently loses signal from the power pro base unit. I can fix this by pulling out on the base unit the cab bus lead linking to the facia panel where I plug in the handset but after a short while, sometimes less than 30 seconds, the signal is lost again. It seems to be happening more frequently. I had thought it was cable linking to the facia pannel but I've tried a different cable and also plugging the handset directly into the base unit and same thing happens. Makes me think the problem is in the base unit, what to try? I haven't ever changed the battery in the 10 years I have hadit, could that be it or part of issue?

Any suggestions much appreciated as it's getting quite frustrating it keep on losing connection.

Jon

For info of others if they have the same issue it looks like battery replacement has solved the problem. Because of the location of my gear it was easier (and safer, I am rather butterfingered, dropping the battery and shorting the unit was quite conceivable) to change the battery with the power unplugged keeping the PSU where it was. The unit held memory for the 30 seconds or so to change the battery, preserving my saved macros.

• Like 2