Zimo ZS003MG - Help!

Sladefan

I have a Black 5 fitted with the above sound decoder.

I have now wired an LED for "Firebox Glow." My understanding is that by pressing F6 (Coal Shovelling) should switch on the LED. However it is not.

I am fairly new to all this. I have rung the installer who suggested setting CV's 430,432 and 434 to 1 and 127 t 8 but still no light.

On the 8 pin decoder the blue (common) and Green (aux F1) have been used and the LED with resistor has been connected the right way.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Edited by Sladefan

• RMweb Gold

"ZS003MG" is the product code for the sound file, not the decoder, but looking at Digitrains website I think it's safe to assume the decoder is one of the new Zimo MS range.

The sound project should already have the mapping from F6 to output Aux1 and that really suggests that there is something wrong with your LED installation.

With the LED and resistor disconnected from the decoder apply a 9V battery across it with + connected to what would be the blue common return. It should light up. If not then you've probably got the LED the wrong way round so reverse the battery and try again. If it still doesn't light up then the LED has probably blown.

Remember that the blue common wire from the decoder is common positive and AUX1 output is pulled down to 0 when you activate it via the Function input.

P.S. Trying to do function mapping by setting CVs is like doing keyhole surgery with a knitting needle. To really get to grips with decoder programming it's much easier to use a program like JMRI.

Edited by Harlequin