Grafenwalde - Eine Kleinbahn

Tim-Hale

Elsewhere there is a thread describing the why and wherefore of building a small shunting plank (albeit 4,8m long) of an Ep3 DB BLT called Pottendorf however it has a split personality. When the mood occurs, all the decadent western items are removed and are replaced by glorious examples of east Germany. 

This is Grafenwalde, Thur, only 80kms from Pottendorf, across the border, both share the same topography, both respresent stations closed in the late '60s.

Other shared attributes are similar types of stock, all small, all careworn as are the small station buildings. Grafenwalde's station is similar to Herges-Vogtei that was the terminus of the Trusetal Bahn in Thuringia, another DDR structure is the bus shelter (Suhl) otherwise the non-railway buildings are shared.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Other slight differences is the emphasis on traffic from forestry and porcelain/glass, the latter is a local speciality and traffic is by vans with raw material from Bohemia.

Postings will be a tad sparse at the moment, very busy elsewhere.

Tim 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Tim-Hale said:

... please note that the DB was not averse to using the Kof with a 4w coach on rural lines, eg Falls etc.

At the Tonbridge exhibition yesterday, we were operating a train on Blindheim comprising a Köf and one Donnerbüchse.  Bill

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bbishop said:

At the Tonbridge exhibition yesterday, we were operating a train on Blindheim comprising a Köf and one Donnerbüchse.  Bill

Drat...I missed that! I was the the hairy bloke that turned up just after opening, I think you were running a BR64 at the time.