Spirit of Shap

georged

Hi. I saw the Spirit of Shap layout yesterday and was very impressed. Speaking to Graham, I'm told the formations are all based on photographs. This got me trying to find photos of the more unusual combinations seen which included the Derby Lightweight comprised of one car in BR green and the other in BR blue (as seen on a picture on this page) and the other I believe was a local train comprised of 2 BR (LMS) blood and custard portholes and 2 BR (LNER) teaks. Has anyone seen pictures of either of these? I have had no luck finding any.

Edited by georged

This is a link for a picture on Flickr showing the DMU - blue and green on a Carlisle - Keswick working. I'm pretty certain I have also seen a picture of this combination on the shap route but can't remember where - sorry.

DLW-for-Keswick_c1968 | Derby Lightweight DMU bound for Kesw… | Flickr

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 11/02/2024 at 16:25, georged said:

Hi. I saw the Spirit of Shap layout yesterday and was very impressed. Speaking to Graham, I'm told the formations are all based on photographs. This got me trying to find photos of the more unusual combinations seen which included the Derby Lightweight comprised of one car in BR green and the other in BR blue (as seen on a picture on this page) and the other I believe was a local train comprised of 2 BR (LMS) blood and custard portholes and 2 BR (LNER) teaks. Has anyone seen pictures of either of these? I have had no luck finding any.

You have asked this question in 3 different threads. You may have missed that I has been answered in the other threads 

Baz

Edited by Barry O

On 14/02/2024 at 07:45, Barry O said:

You have asked this question in 3 different threads. You may have missed that I has been answered in the other threads 

Baz

Hi Barry, sorry I'm new to RMWeb. Shall try and find your reply in the other thread!

• Friendly/supportive 1