Bachmann/San Cheng Derby Lightweight (O gauge)

So here's a random question for folks out there,  I recently acquired an O gauge Derby Lightweight off ebay, definitely a Bachmann/San Cheng model.  Now I'm part way through working on it and its a terrible model to be honest (windows in the wrong place, body not quite square etc) but I can't find another one anywhere, nor any trace of one, a decent amount of 101s but not a Derby Lightweight.  I would like another one to cut to bits and make an NER 4 car set, does anybody know where I might find one?

Also anyone who has any information on them please - when the models were produced, original RRP etc I'd be grateful 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Boris said:

when the models were produced, original RRP etc I'd be grateful 

I think they came out so long ago RRP is probably irrelevant now! I've seen a thread in 2012 discussing the range and they were already discontinued by then.

Here's one that got auctioned but I suspect prices will have fallen given the alternative DMUs from Easy Build, Dapol etc.

https://hansonslive.hansonsauctioneers.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/catalog/193/lot/95283?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F193%3Fpage%3D4

20 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

I think they came out so long ago RRP is probably irrelevant now! I've seen a thread in 2012 discussing the range and they were already discontinued by then.

Here's one that got auctioned but I suspect prices will have fallen given the alternative DMUs from Easy Build, Dapol etc.

https://hansonslive.hansonsauctioneers.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/catalog/193/lot/95283?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F193%3Fpage%3D4

That's quite interesting thank you.  I definitely didn't pay that much for mine

• RMweb Premium

My memory may be playing tricks but I'd have said these predate the Heljan diesels so at the time they were pretty unique as r-t-r (albeit unpainted) and priced accordingly.

Not that long ago Lionheart did a soldered brass GWR 45xx tank that was over 1000. Then they brought out the recent die cast and plastic one at c£450 and I've seen 2 or 3 of the old brass ones sell at the same price as the current ones.

Edited by Hal Nail

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Kubes said:

Tower Models were advertising these at £409 in 2003. Unpainted, unglazed and no interior.

Kubes

just out of interest how did you find that info, or did you just know?