Turn on lights befor moving off Loksound 5

Bluehiace

Hi  I am still new to using Loksound5 decoders I can delay the lights turning off but  carnt find away of turning them on a few  seconds before moving off. Is this posable with Loksound  decoders

Lester

The delays can be set. this is shown using LokProgrammer software, working on the function outputs. I'm not sure quite what you want for the turning on: simply press F0 (or whatever other function is needed) before starting to drive the loco would seem to be the obvious answer, but possibly you have something else in mind.

image.png.3627c6fe1b59860f541c9ce266b72718.png

Edited by SRman
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 13/02/2024 at 17:39, Bluehiace said:

Hi  I am still new to using Loksound5 decoders I can delay the lights turning off but  carnt find away of turning them on a few  seconds before moving off. Is this posable with Loksound  decoders

Lester

Almost anything is possible with an ESU LokSound 5 decoder, but of course it depends on what exactly you want to do.

Please describe in more detail what you are planning.

On 13/02/2024 at 16:39, Bluehiace said:

Lester

I don't think you can.

Although thinking is reverse may do it. Have the lights on function activated and in the Function mapping have them turned off if the loco is not moving but on if it is moving, then have a delay in the loco moving off.

It might work.

Dave.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dasatcopthorne said:

I don't think you can.

Although thinking is reverse may do it. Have the lights on function activated and in the Function mapping have them turned off if the loco is not moving but on if it is moving, then have a delay in the loco moving off.

It might work.

Dave.

That sounds entirely feasible.

On 13/02/2024 at 23:19, SRman said:

The delays can be set. this is shown using LokProgrammer software, working on the function outputs. I'm not sure quite what you want for the turning on: simply press F0 (or whatever other function is needed) before starting to drive the loco would seem to be the obvious answer, but possibly you have something else in mind.

image.png.3627c6fe1b59860f541c9ce266b72718.png

Hi All

sorry if i was not clear I have set up a shuttle service for a DMU  I use F0  for the passenger compartment lights  when the DMU  enters the station  the compartment  lights switch off 6 seconds after the DMU stops. I want to be able to switch on the lights  on a few seconds befor departure. 

Lrster

Hi Lester,

I can see 3 ways to achieve this, but only under certain circumstances.

1. As Dave mentioned, delay the moving off. If you have full access to the sound section (unlocked project) then you can insert a delay in the motor sound slot.

2. As it is a shuttle, the direction of travel should change at every stop. So you can do experiments with CV111 (gearbox backlash delay). Then the motor will run up to 4.18 seconds (CV111 = 255) with internal speed step 1 (of 255), so try if CV2 = 1 hinders the DMU from moving. Maybe it works, maybe not. Maybe you have to finetune the speed curve for the lower speed steps a bit.

3. If you are able to rewire the interior lighting: Resistor for LEDs must be between U+ and LED Anodes (+).  Cathodes must be permanently connected to GND (-). The lights will then always be on.

Then you can use negative logic by "stealing" the voltage between resistor and LED by connecting the output exactly there. Means output on = lights off. And no, this will not overload the output because the current is limited by the resistor.

The stop time for the shuttle then should not exceed about 2 minutes.

You can then program the output to switch on 6.14 seconds after stop (this will "steal" the voltage and switch the lights off).

Then set the automatic function timeout of the output to 104.45 seconds. Timeout = output off = lights on. If you have programmed a shuttle wait time of  about 115 to 120 seconds this will give you a delay between lights on and moving off.

Edited by Hamburger
  • Like 1

Hi All 

with the help of this fourum I have managed to achive the effect I want. Hamburgers surgestions were of great help, In the end the soultion was quies simple, Ajust the speed curve so the loco dinot move on the first 6 steps