Wiring switches for cab and point control

nomisd

Before I start cutting wire and soldering, I would like to check what I am about to do is correct. I have previously posted this and have taken the points on board. However, I would just like to check again. 

I have prepared the fascia for the control panel and have started drilling the holes for the switches. I just want to check a couple of points.. I am going to be using these as the innards of my panel.

SW3.jpg.ee956bebd3c110277dfc5bd6c8942d6e.jpg

The bottom ones are for incoming wire, with the wires from the power supply going into the A/B terminals. The live then gets distributed to the switches with the return going off to a common return. The top ones are for the outgoing wires with the switch wires going in the front and the rear wires going to three female 15 way D connectors (there are obviously three male 15 way D connectors from the board). 

This is how I think the switches should be wired

SW1.jpg.89bbae0fd4a1196a119b916f833125f5.jpg

however I am far from confident. A type switches are for point motors and will have two LEDs of the same colour to indicate which way the points are set. B switches are for A/B controller cab control of the track with bicolour LEDs to indicate the route is set. C switches are A and B cab control with a single colour LED to indicate the route is set. A and B type switches are DPDT and C type switches are SPDT. Are these correct or am I missing something fundamental?

One other question on the common return. Can a single common return be used for the whole thing? So if I gather all the returns into a single point inside the control panel and then send it out by one of the pins on one D plug to a single wire that runs around the board and is tapped into by both the track and point motors, is that all I have to do? Or do I need to have two common returns - one for track and one for point motors?

Any guidance is gratefully received. Thanks.

SW2.jpg

First question - what type of point motor ?     There are a lot of different ones available, needing different power and switching arrangements. 

Second question - why the LEDs ?   Switch position would show which way things are pointing, the LEDs seem an unnecessary over-complication, particularly as you seem unsure about a lot of fairly basic electrical switching.   I'd advise to make things clear without them.  

Third question/issue.   Labelling of switches.   No idea whether your switch terminals are "correct"  (though I think diagram B, is likely wrong, not sure what diagram C is expecting to achieve).  
Usually, but by no means certain,  SPDT toggle switches, and DPDT toggle switches are have the C=Common in the centre of the three pins, with the other two connecting to the Common depending on switch position.    But which arrangement of terminals depends on the switch maker's diagram/specification sheet.