Bosnia

D6332

7 hours ago, D6332 said:

did the want to send to UK as well?!?! 

The EMD Model G "family" of types was designed to be usable almost on all main-line railways in terms of loading-gauge and axle loads. I wrote "almost" as the original cab was still a little too big for New Zealand, hence the rounded type. Also, the axle-loads were still too high for some lines, hence the curiously configured but still rather popular GA8 model https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_GA8 as well as the more mundane A1A-bogied versions of some of the types.

Nevertheless, the UK standard-gauge network never saw an EMD export type until the Class 59 (EMD Model JT26CW-SS) of 1985. This is in spite of very good experience from using EMDs of various export models in Ireland since 1960.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Watching with interest!!

Liliput Br52 HZ JZ 33-098

I tried something similar a while ago the early stages of my Czech layout were Balkan.

Another option for a 661 is Balkan Models they made about 20-25.

Croatian Railways HZ 2061011 - Balkan Models

Klein also did the Eas’s

Klein Modellbahn KMB 3427 HZ Eas

Dom Models also did a ZRS coach

Dom Models 131 ZRS 2nd Class

Thanks,

Neil

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

So Bos Poljana has a very interesting layout- big for a plank but in HO. Passengers stopped but a few shortsighted years ago(closure notice in situ) The power station is upper left, this is a triangle with a road overbridge, varying empties and full coal trucks are dropped off as the Kennedies now rotate to the varying mines and the Yorkshire style power station. The station looks very Austrian,#IMG_2380.JPG.39a7f6378c61588236f8e986f2d2c237.JPG

image.png.263f460e5231d57a7d5808f2809e7e6f.png

• Like 2

Donosnica, with its cute little Swiss cottage container above pictured, is a changever point for onward traffic to the other half of Bosnia;s Railway inthe the Serbian part.  This seems simple but there is a wagon works, signal cabin and signals to the right towards Bosnian Lukavac.  This is probably all I have space for and be a good first try in the big gauge. The 33 dwafs the station

IMG_2297.JPG.c7d87f433d885e3cb23b028c9c48e499.JPG

image.png.dbf7c028b628a4c0cf236b18437be1f9.png

• Like 4

On 22/02/2024 at 14:53, Stefan88 said:

Standard gauge traction is also pretty poorly served in model form, ACME did a RTR electric loco but this is an Italian-derived loco that ran on the DC network in Slovenia

ACME also make some Romanian electric locos that also were used by JŽ and its successors... if they do the 4 axle ASEA electric, that one is used in Bosnia by ŽRS and ŽFBH... buuuut I don't think the area around Tuzla is electrified; when I was last in BiH in 2009, the Doboj-Tuzla route was still non-electrified...

Standard gauge rolling stock is a bit better served, ACME have done a number of coaches in JZ, HZ & SZ liveries, Roco have done a number of goods wagons in JZ, HZ & SZ liveries, and some other manufacturers have done Yugoslav rolling stock - LS Models once did a bogie goods van in JZ & SZ liveries, Albert Modell do a number of bogie tankers, Klein Modellbahn did a number of 2- & 4-axle open wagons and a 2-axle tanker in HZ livery. Not aware of anything RTR in Bosnian liveries (post-JZ).

I seem to recall a company making some of the Goša wagons in HO, not ACME but another I think based in Switzerland?

Edited by britishcolumbian
  • Friendly/supportive 1

So my theoretical shelf takes elements of one end of Bos Posjana, and the other (30Foot) container station with full gabled roof, and the loading point at Donja Visca. This is one stop from Banovici, but not 12 roads wide. I have added a signal cabin and signals for the run out from Lukavac, and the engine shed from Banovici. The NG doesnt show all points but is a much higher shelf, in scenic woods over the bridge(which is a road. Its a shunters puzzle and really too short at 13 foot but has a run off each end. The NG has a station, watering point and coal point, and the coal is dropped into standard gauge...

image.png.e5a5ca8be3ef1ff27840ec74013ebfb6.png

• Like 1

Excellent - Im glad Im not alone in my Bosnian modelling endeavour. Yesterday I printed (on a sculpfun laser cutter) all the parts for my Gauge 1 1/32 scale Bosnian diesel shunter. Ill post pics later. That will get built before the Kriekslok kit I purchased 2 weeks ago. Im just starting to draw up some ZfBH wagons. On the FarRail trip we travelled in a box van, which I named John, so that is crying out to be built.

Like Road-Rails i too will build the cute Dobosnica container station. Again Ill draw up a container for printing / cutting on the laser printer. My layout will have to be very much abridged as its Gauge 1. 

On 23/02/2024 at 20:58, Chen Melling said:

The JŽ /ZFBH 661 class is the EMD model G16. Below is the diagram from this model's original specification brochure (from the collection of the Israel Railway Museum). Note that the diagram has the mid-1950s cab design, as used on the single G16 demonstrator, whereas all other G16 locomotives had the angular cab roof, as on the 661. Also note that the diagram includes only a partial (head-on) representation of the dynamic brake grids and fan, as used on the 661.
G16.jpg.af353daaad502a7e074bda748061d032.jpg

If planning to model this type of locomotive, note that this has been done before:
https://jnsforum.com/community/topic/14721-yugoslavian-class-661-emd-g16-diesel-in-ho/
http://www.asalat.50megs.com/661.html
https://raymondwclam.blogspot.com/2008/06/kitbashing-emd-g16-model-in-ho-scale.html

The easiest source for the bogies in H0 is the Roco model of the Renfe 319, e.g.
https://www.roco.cc/ren/73692-diesel-locomotive-class-319-renfe.html

Thanks so much for this plan. I am (madly) contemplating building one in Gauge 1, 1/32 scale. For now though I attached shots of the Laser cut parts I produced yesterday for the 1/32 JZ /ZFBH 6 wheel shunter. Assembly starts later this week. I put a particular effort into getting cab windows right. Prototype phot too; I took a few weeks ago. 

C2D565F0-ED22-4E9B-9B54-31FA3BF2DF32.jpeg

77644AD1-6612-45E2-99EF-0F14E3FC02EA.jpeg

DBFFF2B3-DE29-4EB1-88A1-C5E3E70453E3.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1

1 hour ago, Devonbelle said:

Excellent - Im glad Im not alone in my Bosnian modelling endeavour

Perhaps seeing that others are doing something Bosnian, I may end up digging out my nearly-finished kitbash of a Fleischmann ÖBB 1043 into a ŽRS 441-700... just needs painting and decals. Its been sitting in this state for... about 15 years now. It was the decals that kept me from finishing, since I had no way back then to get them made. Still don't know how to draw them up, but there are more such services available now than back then.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, britishcolumbian said:

Perhaps seeing that others are doing something Bosnian, I may end up digging out my nearly-finished kitbash of a Fleischmann ÖBB 1043 into a ŽRS 441-700... just needs painting and decals. Its been sitting in this state for... about 15 years now. It was the decals that kept me from finishing, since I had no way back then to get them made. Still don't know how to draw them up, but there are more such services available now than back then.

Tom at Endon Valley can generally work up decals for you if your supply photos and the prototype- so he can scale transfers. My friends have used Endon Valley and been delighted with the transfers www.ecvd.big cartel.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Devonbelle said:

Tom at Endon Valley can generally work up decals for you if your supply photos and the prototype- so he can scale transfers. My friends have used Endon Valley and been delighted with the transfers www.ecvd.big cartel.com

Thanks for that! It'll be several months yet before I can reach out to him, as I'm in Ghana until the end of July, and then once back home will need to actually find where it's stored (all my non-TT stuff is packed away... somewheres).

• Like 1

Kennedy passes Bistarac Station- note the Austrian type style of the stations, other thsn the containers!  As someone is doing the container this may be for me as found a kit to be adapted...its a first bash for me so the fear of it all going a bit Hornby is very real It is 316 which seemed to follow us about a bit.

image.png.b6de530df6aad707d445da53784aa26c.png

• Like 4

https://mehbu-lasertechnik.de/product/lasercut-zeche-zechentor/ 

Germany has the Ruhrkohle gates which are very similar designto the Bosnia/ex Yugo hammers- not sure who built what- read the Donbas and from there Russia's mines built by Welshmen, and one wonders if these or Germans built what or if all Welsh and Cornish miners began- not my area. 

Also the signal cabin round levers ..

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

A few shots from the photos I took in Bosnia last month - I’ll advise when some of my work appears in print on my Bosnian trip I did with D6332. 
copyright Paul Stanford 

B41DF0FC-89FC-4906-8FBD-26D96FBB91ED.jpeg

ACC5CD96-4AD5-4BAE-ADB1-31265B1D52DC.jpeg

8D803C09-BCB0-493E-9F25-DF656FC3C190.jpeg

696C3AB4-2BA7-4547-8355-1EFD790DFE17.jpeg

0958B938-7361-4D2E-AFB7-DDBE58C8227A.jpeg

• Like 9

On 16/03/2024 at 19:22, Devonbelle said:

A few shots from the photos I took in Bosnia last month - I’ll advise when some of my work appears in print on my Bosnian trip I did with D6332. 
copyright Paul Stanford 

Thanks for sharing those. I have to say, it looks pretty much the same now as it did when I first visited in 1999...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, britishcolumbian said:

Thanks for sharing those. I have to say, it looks pretty much the same now as it did when I first visited in 1999...

Funny you say that; I remarked to family and friends it felt like a timewarp - which was lovely - 

65D769A6-5FF5-417D-ABBF-9624E0EC7640.jpeg

• Like 4

Good shot the green 732 which would be the class 14 like one I'd aim for Paul. Look forward to the article. I know the NG is a bit semi preserved but that 83 boiler was being lit to replave the Skoda mini shunter! Preservation just can't recreate that kind of environment.

A 3D printed 7mm gauge Kriegslok boiler is on its was 1:43.5, so habits of scale here!

Edited by Roadrails
  • Thanks 1