On/off button wiring

Bino

I have a 4 pin on/off latching button switch I intend using on a control panel.

When I connect the power supply, the LED is on regardless of the button position. 

how do I wire this so that the LED only activates in the ON position?

My suggestion would be to supply the power to the opposite two terminals from the ones you have used (ie fit it the other way round).  I'm assuming that this is a double pole single throw switch, so is making / breaking two circuits (a live and a return).

2 hours ago, Dungrange said:

My suggestion would be to supply the power to the opposite two terminals from the ones you have used (ie fit it the other way round).  I'm assuming that this is a double pole single throw switch, so is making / breaking two circuits (a live and a return).

thank you. I understand your theory.  As a novice, I'm not sure how to wire this.

1 hour ago, Mol_PMB said:

It would help to have some more information on the switch. Maybe a photo of the pin arrangement or a serial number so someone could look up the specification.

Hope this helps

IMG_7252.jpeg

IMG_7253.jpeg

• RMweb Premium

It appears to be an SPST (single pole on-off switch) with separate light. Here is a wiring diagram for something similar on ebay:

s-l1600.jpg.66602020afdf49d6fc8adfe2d862a94c.jpg

These instructions are for a dc power supply, with the blue wire going to + and the green wire to -. The green wire could be part of a common return. What are you switching, and what type of power supply are you using?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1