Class 33 detail pack question

Georgeham

Hi All,

I am after a little help - I am sure this must have been answered on RMweb previously - but I cannot find it......

I have just opened up my new Heljan Class 33 - and I want to add the detailing parts to the locomotive. I am at a loss where these two pieces are meant to go / how they are supposed to attach to the locomotive (see photo) - and the instructions do not seem to mention them either! I believe it is somewhere on the bogies (but I might be mistaken)

Its probably a very obvious answer - but any help would be most appreciated!

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-21 at 18.49.56_5a489a3d.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-21 at 18.50.38_e2eaf6ed.jpg

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, Georgeham said:

Hi All,

I am after a little help - I am sure this must have been answered on RMweb previously - but I cannot find it......

I have just opened up my new Heljan Class 33 - and I want to add the detailing parts to the locomotive. I am at a loss where these two pieces are meant to go / how they are supposed to attach to the locomotive (see photo) - and the instructions do not seem to mention them either! I believe it is somewhere on the bogies (but I might be mistaken)

Its probably a very obvious answer - but any help would be most appreciated!

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-21 at 18.49.56_5a489a3d.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-21 at 18.50.38_e2eaf6ed.jpg

The white one is dependent on era* - it's the later exhaust after the original roof mounted ones were replaced. Goes upright on the bogie (or possibly under the body). Picture from Wikipedia.

*although they haven't made the original format in 7mm so it's needed on them all!

image.png.732070d8a6a21a7aa8ff82744acc029b.png

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hal Nail said:

While you've got it apart, any chance of a photo of the whole chassis? I'm just interested what, if anything, is different to the old one!

Hi Hal,

thank you so much for the help. Exhausts now fitted - the two other small black bits - no idea!

Hope this picture helps - no idea what differences there are/might between this chassis and the older version.

Chris

IMG-20240222-WA0004.jpeg

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Georgeham said:

no idea what differences there are/might between this chassis and the older version.

Without taking mine apart, I'd say they are the same! I think they narrowed the fuel tanks which were a bit wide originally. I filed mine down as was opening out the low relief bits anyway.

I don't recognise that other bit.