Didcot Station and Junction 71-82 track plan. (N Gauge)

Hi all shortly will be moving to new house where I will be starting on a new layout, I want to do Era 7 Didcot station and junction ( not as far as the old power station), and hope to get as much as possible into 20x12 N gauge but can find no track plans for this, While most of it’s still there apart from carriage section which I do have most of the rest has 30yrs+ of growth over it ,Even with close ups on google earth very little is now visible,If anyone can help with this would be a great help pics or plans , Thanks Drew.

1 hour ago, Camps Junction said:

Hi all shortly will be moving to new house where I will be starting on a new layout, I want to do Era 7 Didcot station and junction ( not as far as the old power station), and hope to get as much as possible into 20x12 N gauge but can find no track plans for this, While most of it’s still there apart from carriage section which I do have most of the rest has 30yrs+ of growth over it ,Even with close ups on google earth very little is now visible,If anyone can help with this would be a great help pics or plans , Thanks Drew.

That would be quite an ambitious project. BR Era 7 would be 1971-1986 I think? A lot changed during that time, but searching Flick for example should get you a lot of useful information. I made a few visits there back then.

Didcot Yard view

The view from the station platform across the yard with the tracks curving away towards Oxford.  17/11/82

And a later view, taken I think from a footbridge at the west end of the station? (it was a long time ago).

Six car DMU approaches Didcot

A view looking northwards with a DMU arriving from the Oxford direction. The civil engineers tip sidings on the left in the triangle were a fairly recent addition I think.

Good luck

cheers 

• Like 2