Hornby 7000 getting the App working

Tallpaul69

Hi All,

I have got stuck with getting the HM7000 app to work.

It is installed fine on my I phone. The screen seems to be showing as described in the leaflet supplied with my new Loco with a HM7000 factory fitted chip.

When I run the scan, In the "Ready to Link" box I get one item under "Resettable Devices" with the identification "HM7000_C9F1" and 15 items under "Unfiltered devices" , mostly with the label "Name N?A but including one I can identify as our television!

Concentrating on the "HM7000_C9F1" item under the heading it shows "Reset device>". I f I click on this I get a box which says "Reset Passcode" "To reset this device please enter the reset passcode. This can be found on the device manager screen. If you have lost this please contact Hornby Support". Below this is a box with a flashing curser (For the passcode to be entered?). there are also cancel and ok buttons.

My problems

1) I have no idea which device this is. I have three locos with HM7000 chips in, is it one of those? none are currently on a track or powered. 

2) I have no idea where the Device Manager Screen is or how I access it.

Can someone please help me, preferably in plain English not techispeak!

I have gone through the HM manual all 166 pages of it, but cannot find anything to help!

Many thanks

Paul

Many thanks

6 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

I would suspect the passcode should be supplied with the loco (as the chip is factory fitted) is there nothing in the loco documentation?

Thanks, I cant find anything.

In the "Bad old Days" each Hornby loco instruction leaflet used to have stamped on the top front, the locos R number followed by the sequential identification number for the individual loco.

Off course, I understand such an approach is far to "low Tech" for the current era, but didn't it make the customers life easy if there was a query?

Never mind, thanks for responding quickly,

Paul 

Contact HM.customercare@Hornby.com quoting your HM7000-CF91 number and they will send you the reset code, although you can work it out yourself by adding your last 4 digits in lower case to a4c13800.... or you can use the universal Reset1234.

You seem to have got yourself in the bug loop, which is by-passable by powering down the decoder and restarting the app. Next time around the decoder will be ready to link.

There are a whole series of step-by-step noddy guides on the Hornby website here https://uk.Hornby.com/hm7000/hm-dcc-guides

Manage Devices screen is in Settings - the cog wheel at bottom of screen.

Any decoders that are powered up will show in that screen by their HM7000-xxxx number. 

The next step is to list your locos in the Engine Shed page and assign the decoders to them that are fitted. If these are all factory fitted decoders then place the locos on track one by one and you assign that loco after you have linked its decoder to the app.

Edited by RAF96
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1