Netherlands Railways

I have liked modern Dutch railways for a few years now. At the Abingdon show last weekend I saw Zeedijk in the flesh after enjoying the article last year in CM. I have been heading down a rabbit hole this week wondering what stock and locos were available in N gauge? 

A repainted 08 and 66 are obvious choices. Piko do a nice model of a Captrain Vossloh G1000, but it may not be appropriate for the Netherlands? Piko also do a Hondekop. 

I have seen Fleichmann 1100, 1200 and 1600's.

Nigel

• RMweb Premium

I was really taken by Zeedijk when I saw it at the Macclesfield Show in 2022 (might have been its first outing?).  Although a very simple ‘parade track’ layout, there was quite a variety of trains running and it was one of those layouts that just ‘worked’ for me.

Not a great photo, but I tried to get one of this distinctive Dutch Railcar (an NS Mat ‘64 Plan V 2-car unit), Keith:

IMG_2851.jpeg.168da88c1e650ffd91b60b53e17f2841.jpeg

• Like 3

There are a couple of  recent manufacturers in the Netherlands one is exact train 

https://exacttrain.eu/

you can see their products in a few online shops like Lippe who will sell to the uk.

another is PB models 

https://pbmodels.nl/wadloper/

unfortunately you can only buy them off  them directly and they won’t ship outseldr the EU they are expensive but also exclusive too 

• Like 1

There's not really a comprehensive range available in N, although of course kits and 3D prints fill some gaps. A good friend of mine models Dutch N and voices his frustrations often, though he does enjoy it.

A few from memory, not all are currently available

Units

Mat '54 Hondekop: Piko

Wadloper: Fleischmann

Koploper: Minitrix

PTT Post: Railcar from Arnold, wagons from Roco

Electric locos

1100: Piko

1200: Piko

1600/1700/1800: Fleischmann, Minitrix

186: Arnold

Diesel locos

2200: Piko

2400: Piko

6400: Minitrix

Non NS types that run in the Netherlands include Vectron (Fleischmann), G1206 (Piko), Class 66 (Kato), ES64F4/BR189 (Hobbytrain/Minitrix), Traxx E186 (Arnold/Minitrix), Stadler GTW (Piko)

That's just a starter off the top of my head, there is more but I can't remember what offhand!

Edited by Taigatrommel
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1