1982-1994 British Rail Sectorisation

Morning after looking through the lovely diorama and layout builds of @James Hilton I have decided to use a Mosslander shelf from IKEA to build a diorama/layout myself. The period is 1982-1994 British Rail Sectorisation using a class 26 004 hauling coal hoppers.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I can't remember where I have seen it recently, but there is a photo of one of these locomotives on a coal haul in Scotland being loaded with a big wheeled shovel truck thing - not sure if it was imported coal at a dock somewhere? The wagons were HEAs but the Farish HAA are a much nicer model than their HEA so you've made a wise choice. Perhaps something inspired by that could be a good start? Take your time and enjoy each stage - including the planning. If you can draw, sketch out in 3D what it could look like, if you struggle with that cut up some cereal boxes and make a 'Paddington' view of the layout. 

My Dapol 26 are lovely running models.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Fantastic picture @James Hilton certainly something worthwhile copying for my Mosslander shelf.

Couple of more items arrived today from rails. Two Graham Farish HAA weathered hoppers with the red cradle and a pack of gaugemaster 2mm scale Cork trackbed.

The Mosslander shelf will be with me by Friday.

rsz_20240313_131231.jpg.109b6cc9b2ddf1e58543e84a9527faca.jpg

• Like 1