More wagons from Provincial wagons

I have just taken delivery of two more variants of the ex GNR(I) Bagged Cement Van - as they ran on CIE in the 1960s and another as in 1970s.

IMG_3122.jpg.4dada33082ce8b6eb1d0d00aabaf2b64.jpg

They'll be on sale at Bangor for £18 each, or £35 the pair.

I will also have a small quantity of John Mayne's kits to sell - CIE covered vans and GSR opens, plus some RTR CIE brake vans.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Safely home from the Bangor Show and almost got my equilibrium back - we arrived back at 7am on Tuesday, then had to take a friend to see "Madame Butterfly" at Cinema (don't bother) that night, some recovery then Good Friday given over to The Messiah  by the Royal Choral Society at the Albert Hall. At last got the sums done - I might have made a few bob after the not insubstantial costs of just being there when you live in Surrey!

Thanks, first, to Richard who took me in his Merc and did ALL the driving; and to NDMRC who put the event on.

But most especially to the 70 or so folk who came by and spent money!

Second Hand books raised £200 for the "171 Appeal", which might pay for some minor part, but it all helps to move the project forward - so a special thanks to those who added to their libraries (and reduced the load on the return journey).

Richard enjoyed taking me to Ballycastle for Fish and Chips at Morton's on the front, Fair Head looked amazing in the Winter sun and the waves last Thursday ......

IMG_7994.jpg.4ea34bf37f4b187c5228551c18eb60b0.jpg

But best of all was meeting Ivor Hughes, who in the late 1990s built me a lot of rolling stock on the recommendation of our late friend Steve Rafferty (aka "Lambegman").

We had never met - now he's a customer of mine!

IMG_8023.jpg.ff5377b20844dc659653e2cb433e2c33.jpg

Great to meet at last, Ivor!

Thanks all.

Leslie

• Like 4