New exhibition

duff man

Saturday October 19th 2024 see's  a new exhibition for continental modelers.

VENUE

Thringstone members club. 126, Loughborough road Thringstone, leics. LE67 8LR

5 minuets from M1 J23

This event is being organised by the Austrian railway group this year, responsibility for future years will be pass to each society on a rota basis.

layout's confirmed.

St Pankraz HO

Marmagne HO

Orbeillon  N

Montarola HO

Industrivej HO

Both the Swiss and German societies will have a as yet un, named layout on display giving a total of 7 layouts to view.

Society stands from the Austrian, Swiss, Italian, German, French and Scandinavian groups will also be present.

Full catering/bar facilities will be available throughout the day.

Trade support from Conti-Kits, Scograil and Mount Tabor is now also confirmed.

For all enquiries and further information  Please contact Mike Upton, ARG events coordinator.         events@austrianrailwaygroup.co.uk.

Full details will also appear in the press over the next few months. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Great to see a new overseas focussed exhibition planned, I wish it well. Annoyingly I'm not around that weekend, or I would certainly have visited. Here's hoping it is a success; I certainly like the idea of the various overseas groups getting together to help with the organisation and running. 

• Thanks 1

“This event is being organised by the Austrian railway group this year, responsibility for future years will be pass to each society on a rota basis.

Society stands from the Austrian, Swiss, Italian, German, French and Scandinavian groups will also be present.”

This would seem to be an extremely interesting and positive initiative in continental modelling in the UK - a new annual exhibition with the country societies alternating its organisation. This would ease the pressures on each individual society to arrange its own annual exhibition, by instead moving the direct responsibility to once every six years among the above six societies. Good luck to all involved and hope that this idea gets wider publicity and strong support - including a mention in Continental Modeller magazine? 

I trust that the venues have easy parking and/or proximity to railway stations. Could there for example be a return of the German Railway Society’s GlobalRail show to the well located Didcot Civic Centre? Indeed, would ‘GlobalRail’ be an appropriate promotional title to develop continuity for the proposed new annual event?

Edited by ModRXsouth
Addition.
  • Like 1

In answer to a couple of your questions. Venue has large free carparking, admittance this year has been set at £5 per person, Continental modeller is up to speed and details will be publicised over the next few months. 

Trains on this occasion no, the nearest station is Loughborough which is a 30 minuet bus ride service X16 bus stop outside venue front door. Thringstone can also be reached from Nottingham,Derby and Leicester stations via East midlands airport by using  the airport skylink service, again bus stops at the front door.

This is very much a trial event should it prove successful then a more permanent venue is envisaged with Burton on Trent town hall being mooted at this stage.

There will be no return of the globalrail badge, this event is being launched as a new venture and will have it's own identity. The name chosen will be announced in the next couple of weeks once all societies have been informed and agreed.

Many thanks for your positive comments. if you require further detailed info please contact Mike Upton at the address shown on the first post.

Craig Charity

Austrian Railway group member.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I pleased to advise this new event has now been christened, it is to be know from now onwards as

THE CONVENTION OF EUROPEAN RAILWAY SOCIETIES.

October 19/10/24

10am-4.30pm £5 admittance.

(C.O.E.R.S. pronounced chorus) 

Craig.

• Like 4

On 28/03/2024 at 17:44, Claude_Dreyfus said:

Great to see a new overseas focussed exhibition planned, I wish it well. Annoyingly I'm not around that weekend, or I would certainly have visited. Here's hoping it is a success; I certainly like the idea of the various overseas groups getting together to help with the organisation and running. 

i hope they do a American themed day, i miss the one day show Nick Palette use to do at Armitage!!

• Agree 1

Full details have now been settled and the enclosed publicity poster produced. This poster has been forwarded to continental modeler and should soon be found on various social media sites. As previously mentioned should you require any further details please contact Mike Upton at the email address shown in post one.

Craig Charity IMG_6506.PNG.5817f7fea229ced41b997358922fa175.PNG

• Like 3

Handy Hint: I'm sure Continental Modeller would prefer the content in text form rather than an image or PDF they have to re-type to put in the diary section of the magazine. I know whan I get these things, I do.

2 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Handy Hint: I'm sure Continental Modeller would prefer the content in text form rather than an image or PDF they have to re-type to put in the diary section of the magazine. I know whan I get these things, I do.

Thanks Phil, rest assured Andrew has received details in a different format with extra copy making a fuller article to promote the overall concept and reasons for the birth of C.O.E.R.S.

Craig

• Like 2

This is a very welcome development. For those who know the area, I believe you can also get a bus from Long Eaton Station, its the airport service from Nottingham to Leicester that serves both Long Eaton and Loughborough too. 

• Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2024 at 15:25, long island jack said:

i hope they do a American themed day, i miss the one day show Nick Palette use to do at Armitage!!

To be fair to the organisers though, there must be enough of a following for an european-only show to justify one outright and despite the crossover with other genres in Continental Modeller, most of the layouts in there and subsequent voting favour those European prototypes.

There is also a danger that the same weekend next year could clash with the NMRA convention in nearby Derby. 

• Like 1