CLASS 48 SOUND

locospotter

Now the release of the Heljan/Model Rail model whether there's a chance of a sound file that could be manufactured . I wonder if the ones exported to Cuba are still intact and have a engine that can be started. We know Cuba has a love of old cars.

14 minutes ago, locospotter said:

Now the release of the Heljan/Model Rail model whether there's a chance of a sound file that could be manufactured . I wonder if the ones exported to Cuba are still intact and have a engine that can be started. We know Cuba has a love of old cars.

I believe they're all scrapped, after many years being stored out of use.  But would be happy to be wrong!

Pic by John Stein on Flickr.

Class 47 Cuban style 8

Yes ashame we couldn't have one preserved I remember them working out of Norwich in my trainspotting days can't remember what engine sound difference from Class 47s. Thanks for showing the photograph 25kV

• Like 1

More information on the Class48 sounds thanks to a Steve Johnson article back in 2020 about detailing a Bachmann class 47 into a class 48, he mentioned that the old engines from the 48s were sold to SNCF as the same engines in the BB68000 french locos, don't know if a model was made in HO with a sound decoder but probably not all the sounds would be appropriate to UK spec.

Just been searching online and I have found sound decoder which is a lokesound in a ROCO AIA AIA 68000  SNCF on YouTube but it says its a Sulzer engine but can't remember if it sounds like a Class 48 and the other sounds ie horns are not UK spec.

Hi Charlie yes I agree when I heard them not a patch on the one's you and Biff produce but your the experts so I think the limited models Heljan will produce and sell it may be not a profitable project for you to undertake and no locos in existence from the UK. Don't know if your HS Kestrel is close to one.