The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Martin Mars To Fly Once More

Captain Cuttle

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Maybe this should be in the "Those who like airplanes" thread.

I hope that the whole event is successful and the bird will be appreciated by the museum's visitors.

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 2

My favorite aircraft have always been big propliners and civilian versions of WW2 bombers and flying boats that were used from 1946. That progressed to water bombers when i learnt that all sorts of large propliners and the Privateer  were used back in the seventies. Plus the mighty Martin Mars, luckily we have plenty of video action of this wonderful aircraft scooping up 5000 gals at a time, sadly grounded now.

• Like 2

On 29/03/2024 at 17:57, J. S. Bach said:

Maybe this should be in the "Those who like airplanes" thread.

I hope that the whole event is successful and the bird will be appreciated by the museum's visitors.

Certainly looking forward to seeing the preparations which hopefully will be on YT, the ones covering its time as a fire bomber were amazing. Cant wait to just  hear those engines again which also powered the B-29 on full power lifting it out of the water. Its a shame no one saved a Princess flying boat although the three were cocooned for many years on the Isle of Wight and Calshot.

• Agree 1