Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Does anyone out there use the FLEISCHMANN powered turntable? Help wanted please

If it came with a rotary switch with 3 wires coming from it they mate up to the same 3 out of 5 wires from the turntable, the other 2 wires go to a 16vac transformer. Hold the switch either left or right to operate it, when you release the switch the t/t will stop at the next outlet. The switch can be pulled down to lock in postion, press up to release. The t/t does not reverse polarity, you will need either a switch or reverser.

28 minutes ago, daltonparva said:

If it came with a rotary switch with 3 wires coming from it they mate up to the same 3 out of 5 wires from the turntable, the other 2 wires go to a 16vac transformer. Hold the switch either left or right to operate it, when you release the switch the t/t will stop at the next outlet. The switch can be pulled down to lock in position, press up to release. The t/t does not reverse polarity, you will need either a switch or reverser.

Many thanks - so the black and white wire coming out of the switch go to 16v AC not 12v DC?

On 13/04/2024 at 11:21, GrumpyPenguin said:

Most "European" accessories from this era use 16v AC - many have AC motors.

Thanks - yes have tested the item now on 16v AC and works fine, except for one problem - I will post it in a few minutes

On 13/04/2024 at 09:22, daltonparva said:

If it came with a rotary switch with 3 wires coming from it they mate up to the same 3 out of 5 wires from the turntable, the other 2 wires go to a 16vac transformer. Hold the switch either left or right to operate it, when you release the switch the t/t will stop at the next outlet. The switch can be pulled down to lock in postion, press up to release. The t/t does not reverse polarity, you will need either a switch or reverser.

Yes, thanks - all good - but a problem has arisen and I will post it in a few minutes.

OK, this turntable has been donated to my club - Twickenham & District MRC and I will be selling it on ebay for them and I hope to raise a substantial amount for them, but there is a problem.

The turntable appears to work perfectly, except for one aspect - it never aligns properly .....

IMG_20240413_122241(1).jpg.166a4bead6e697997e5dd0ae53bb8135.jpg

It always aligns off centre as shown. It always aligns exactly the same way every time at every location. Has anyone else had this problem?

I want to list it in the next 36 hours as ebay have a special deal for sellers which lasts until Midnight tomorrow, but I can't list it until this is sorted.

Thanks for your interest.

3 minutes ago, Quadrille said:

Is that lever only for manual operation...Has anybody removed the deck and Not correctly aligned the bridge correctly..??

That's what it's for:- to align the deck after removal.

Your wording didn't appear, to me, to be specific...just to continuously use the lever to align or to align correctly before refitting.

I believe there is video by "Hovermotion" on his YouTube channel...covering most aspects of strip down and repair, etc.