London Underground B Stock Card Models

When I recently bought this 3-car set, I thought that they were Micromodels (or similar) but I can find no mention of these models anywhere and a couple of the lines [around the windows] are 'less than professional'. They appear to be hand/ ruler drawn and coloured, rather than printed and have a wooden (Balsa?) core, extending to include the bogies. Metal 'hook & eye' couplings. Cab windows have been cut out.

Research so far, suggests that they are models of the 1905 London B Stock as used on the District Line, so strictly speaking Sub-surface rather than Underground, as I understand the subtle difference.

20240416_130510.jpg

20240416_130526.jpg

20240416_182346.jpg

20240416_182350.jpg

20240416_182353.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

I agree with B stock, from what I have been able to discover. Given the pretty much spot-on window pattern on the trailer car, I did wonder that, since the motor car doesn't quite match B stock, whether they might be C or D stock, but I haven't found a side-on photo of a C or D stock motor car.

1 hour ago, Canal Digger said:

strictly speaking Sub-surface rather than Underground, as I understand the subtle difference.

They are all "underground" (or "Underground"). The distinction is between tube and surface (the "sub-" prefix only really has a historical use).

• Agree 2