CFL

Posted (edited)

I did say about Uhlenbrock.

So far the only hiccup is

CV 257 = 144 reads CV 257 = 0

CV 31 = 0

There is no need at all for:

f2 operates parking lights

f4 operates interior lights (as long as f0 operates interior lights)

so far so good

Edited by CFL
Punctuation

Update:

CV 257 = 0 no lights at all.

CV 257= 144 all lights on f0 but only in one direction, the reverse direction no lights at all.

Oh so close...

1 hour ago, CFL said:

Update:

CV 257 = 0 no lights at all.

CV 257= 144 all lights on f0 but only in one direction, the reverse direction no lights at all.

Oh so close...

Have you done the second group as well ?    First group is only in forwards direction, nothing in reverse.....     Second group sets the reverse behaviour.   

And what is "all lights"  -  do you mean we have red+white both ends, and interior, or "correct for forwards lights"   ?  

Edited by Nigelcliffe
  • Like 1

I did do the second group, all the readings were correct.

Sorry, by all lights I meant white in the direction of travel, red at rear and interior light illuminated.

19 minutes ago, CFL said:

I did do the second group, all the readings were correct.

Sorry, by all lights I meant white in the direction of travel, red at rear and interior light illuminated.

OK,  so we seem to have group1 working, which is forwards,  but something odd about group 2 which is reverse.    We're close, but must be missing something.

With CV31=8 and CV32=0 set as before,  read and report all of these  (16 of them).   I'm expecting zero for them, except those we set in the group-2 earlier.   Anything not zero is of interest..

CV273, 274, 275, etc.. all the way to CV288

• Like 1

From the list CV 273 to CV 288 inclusive:

273 = 16

274 = 0

275 = 0

276 = 0

277 = 0

278 = 0

279 = 128

280 = 0

281 = 0

282 = 0

283 = 0

284 = 0

285 = 17

286 = 2

287 = 0

288 = 0

Now it is bedtime, don't forget we are an hour ahead. I will be back tomorrow of course.

Thanks,  those read exactly as I'd expect them, which is most confusing.

Group 2:

CV273 = 16      F0 Key

CV279 = 128    Not in Forwards direction (ie. reverse)

CV285 = 17    Outputs Aux1 (front red) and Aux5 (interior)

CV286 = 2     Output RearLamp (rear headlamp)

Several approaches here.

a)   Could change Group 2 to operate on a different function key, or without direction, just to see what happens.  May learn something.   For example, could try things on the F1-key, and with and without the "not forwards" setting, and see what happens.   

b)   Reset the Advanced Function Mapping Banks (on basis something else is set we didn't know about), and then program them again,  this time, start by programming only group-2, and see if lights work correctly with F0-key and Reverse direction set.   Then add group-1.       The Reset for the Advanced Function Mapping is done by writing CV8=3.   

• Like 1

Bingo!

Writing the reset then group two then group one gives the desired result, as in:

White lights in the forward direction of travel. Red lights at the rear. Alternate with direction of travel. Interior light permanently on even at standstill.

All light functions operate on f0, f4 does not toggle the interior light.

As you say it is a bit weird, I can  only think that something in group two negates a setting in group one. Writing group one after group two overwrites the negative.

Anyway, it works exactly as I want and it was well worth the minor effort on my part and the great effort on your part. I cannot thank you enough and am in your debt.

You are without doubt a

399486047.jpg.c4259ead7e4a562f3375316770f7d6b5.jpg

Ian

2 minutes ago, CFL said:

Bingo!

Writing the reset then group two then group one gives the desired result, as in:

White lights in the forward direction of travel. Red lights at the rear. Alternate with direction of travel. Interior light permanently on even at standstill.

All light functions operate on f0, f4 does not toggle the interior light.

As you say it is a bit weird, I can  only think that something in group two negates a setting in group one. Writing group one after group two overwrites the negative.

Most likely that there was something else set that we didn't know about in the other Advanced Mapping Groups.  

The "reset" would (should!) turn things back to what the manual describes, which is only four groups set.   Then your programming changes have altered the first two of the defaults.   
The other two default groups should also mean that you have: F1-key is on/off for red at one end, and F2-key is on/off for red at other end.   (What's seen is probably the sum of keys pressed.   ).  

If you want other keys to do things, for using the tram away from the auto-shuttle, it's pretty easy to work those out now.   

Anyway, a result !    It might now work correctly on your auto-shuttle.       
And I have something else to add to my pile of obscure information about decoders and how to control things with them.     

• Round of applause 1