Kettlebrook sidings

21A Desperado

So following on from my first O gauge thread in the 7mm section where I was building up a small fleet of locos and wagons of both kit built and RTR, I have now had a framework and baseboards built in what had become my 'spare' room.

The room is approximately 9' x 6' and I have boards on four sides (minus the radius of the door into the room), constructed from softwood framing, legs, and a ply base.

I paid a local carpenter to carry out the work, because a) I wanted a proper job doing, and b) I don't have the time due to a very busy work life and looking after my elderly mum  at weekends cuts down on available time.

Anyhoo, the total cost for my carpenter to supply and install everything was equivalent to what I have recently paid for a class 31, so it was a no brainer really.

I have also asked for shelving for storage and 12" high backboards for backscenes/scenery.

The aim in the next week or so is to come up with a simple design that will allow shunting and general messing about with a small fiddle yard to allow a minor mount of storage of vehicles being used.

I think I will be using Peco track and points, as I dont think making track is quite my thing yet.

The layout will be DCC in operation, but I will be opting for manually controlled points and signals.

Basic sketch:

sketch

20240418_172907.jpg

20240418_172921.jpg

20240418_172928.jpg

Edited by 21A Desperado
  • Like 4