1:43 1960s-1980s Lorries

TM2201A

My detailing up of various vintage Dinky Toys has met the need for some vehicles but I wanted something a smidge bigger like a Leyland Octopus. Having less time available at the workbench but some at the computer has seen my 3D printing thread get a bit active with trials and tribulations of getting something that looks right on screen to looks right in the hand.

Anyway a few pictures of the results; Leyland Octopus Tipper (1964-1968), Seddon 16/4 Tractor Unit (1965-1972)and a painted up development mule for the Leyland Bison MK2/MK3 cab (1977)

_20240505_082159.JPG

_20240505_082136.JPG

_20240505_082120.JPG

• Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

1 hour ago, 37114 said:

Look good! Would potentially be up for a MK2 Bison cab if you produce another one?

Cheers!

Yeah the Bison is proving problematic, Mk1 Bison (with yet another cab variation) seems to have the rear axles set quite far forward whilst MK2/3 they're quite far back and neither look especially right once you add a body or tanker. There's fun to be had detailing the Bison with all the extra gubbins hanging off the back of the cab; air filter, battery box & exhaust to really bring out the bargain basement/garden shed design of the real thing.

Anyway, yes there is a sliced up model of the Mk3 cab, though at the moment I can't remember where I've got to with the indicators for it.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, 40 058 said:

Reduced Fat!? What is this world coming to!😆

Bison looks fantastic👍

Hah, I'd not noticed that...must've been on offer 😊

Cheers, the camera has done a good job of not showing how poor the coverage of the orange paint is.

• Like 1

Assembled all the parts for the Bison tanker, I need to repair part of the driver's door and sort out the front indicators but everything else fitted together nicely. Weathering needed to tone down the transition between the elements of the paint scheme.

_20240522_122728.JPG

_20240522_122758.JPG

• Like 5