Info on Schirmer TT model railways?

Posted (edited)

Hi, I just found this firms products on the modellbahn-voight.de website. They make a TT / 1:120 class BR 64 2-6-2T. I had never heard of them, and they are not listed as a manufacturer on the MSL website. Can anyone comment on quality?

BTW I also found this interesting list of German TT steam locomotives:

https://www.schmalspurbahn.de/_ttmodelle/dampflok_s.html

Best Regards,

Bill.

Edited by BillB
clarity

Posted (edited)

Modelleisenbahn-Schirmer is a small manufacturer with one loco, the BR64 in various variants, and a range of TT scale rolling stock and model trucks in production. I have the older version of the BR64 with a Mashima motor - the newer versions have a coreless motor. The loco looks great and runs very well, could do with some extra weight added, though, and some darkening of the shiny valve gear. I have several of Schirmer´s MAN\Roman\RABA trucks - I tend to buy just chassis and cab models for my kitbashing! The artic tractor unit is mostly of Schirmer origin, the low-loader is scratch built - and the digger mostly emerged from a Kinder Surprise egg.

https://www.modelleisenbahn-schirmer.de/

BR64Reko.JPG.f538eb90a67dbdf863b3b723aa613844.JPG

IMG_20240428_163130_907.jpg.cc025473807f4d1f3442ca030d20d45a.jpg

Edited by rekoboy
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Thanks for your reply and the link. The BR class 64 is listed as "ask for availability" on the modellbahn-voight.de website, but the items I did pick up are 3x DR EpIII 4-wheelers, Schirmer 70005 twin-pack of D21 540-225 (timber body), BC21 541-323 (steel body); plus Schirmer 74300 B21 541-206 (timber body) and I will post a comment on quality when they arrive in case anyone is interested.

Best Regards,

Bill.

• Like 2

Just to say I received my three Schirmer DR Ep.3 4-wheel coaches and they are very nice, well detailed models. Flush glazing, delicate underframe detail, separate wire handrails on the ends. details on the sides are moulded on, well painted and lettered. They came with the latest TT couplers fitted into NEM clip-in mounts so they are interchangeable to the old type if needed. They come in plain but robust packaging, so all the money goes on the models. And I see that the same vehicles are also available lettered for Ep.4.

• Like 2