Autodesk Fusion - problem after update

Following a recent update of the software, I had difficulty with the 'move' tool: when I used the mouse to drag the arrows on the manipulator, the body did not respond in the expected direction - if I dragged in the X-direction, the body might move in the Y-direction or it might rotate - unpredictably. 

I did a web search but could find no mention, so I started my own investigation.  After a lot of searching, it turned out to be down to the the Graphics driver setting in 'Preferences'.  In the drop-down box, this was set to 'auto-select'  My problem disappeared after I changed the setting to 'Open GL'

I mention this, in case anyone else encounters a similar problem.

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 17/05/2024 at 10:40, MikeOxon said:

Following a recent update of the software

Just to add to that, for anyone who use assemblies, with a recent update the first additional item now gets 'grounded' in the position that you leave it when you bring it into the drawing. I dont fully understand the rationale but there is a preference you can set to stick with the original behaviour (which was that the component would move towards the first component when you created a joint).

Edited by Andy Vincent
Clarified