Danish furniture factory layout mid 50´s - shunting layout

a62213

post-3310-128023472375_thumb.jpgpost-3310-128023472375_thumb.jpgHi all,

I have made the following plan, to be made this fall. The plan is to make this a expedition layout IF i have the skills to make it right, and goodlooking. The cross section will be a double slip. Track is all from Tillig elite.

What i want from the layout is to show some simple shunting at the furniture factory yard. There are 3 buldings where wagons are meant to go;

Furniture waste ( leftover from the production ) "goods" going out - empty wagon in

Finished furniture ( the finished products ) "goods" going out - empty wagon in

Raw wood ( The wood from the sawmill ) "goods" comming in - empty wagon out

My plan is to have the train delievering the wagons going to track A, it uncouples, goes to track B ( here it will stay, if there are wagons to be going out, og directly go out again.

When the wagons are delievered, the shunting machine ( Breuer traktor ) will go make the wagons go where there should. If there are wagons to go out, they will first be put in track D, whereafter all inbound wagons are put in place, would be taken to track C.

The factory will be raised, and infront of the layout there will be a shuttle train going back and forth, so give the layout some "life".

I hope i make my self pretty clear on what i want, but i would like some feedback on the layout and the plan of operation. Is it good, can it be better, and if so - how can i make it better.

I have about 50 cm width and 360 cm length to do with.

/Henrik

Henrik, welcome. That looks like a great layout for a starter. Good luck with it, and be sure to ask questions if you need to, and to post photos of your progress

Thank you!

I have refined the plan a little bit.

I have removed the shuttle train line, and now the shuttle train will come directly in the factory grounds to make sure the workers will meet at work on time.

New wood supplies will be at the most leftly siding in the building, then wood waste, and finally the finished furniture will be loaded on the 2 sidings in front. I will make a traverser of some kind hidden behind the factory where the 2 sidings are.

Each board is 40cm x 75cm.

/Henrik

post-3310-128075529358_thumb.jpg

Archived