Ian G's Work bench

Ian G

These where my entries into the club competition my wagons built in the last year, also the winning wagon a Parkside Pipe,this is the sort of standard we get to at our club.

judging was by Tony Wright of BRM, a well worth Judge and his talks are great if you are not a P4 modeller.

Ian G

post-3081-126787469275_thumb.jpg

post-3081-126787470981_thumb.jpg

post-3081-126787472322_thumb.jpg

post-3081-126787473736_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am now starting to build up the area of the shutter door, also the guards compartment I picked up from easy build.

Ian G

Hi Ian, what are you gong to be using for the roller shutter door Brass etch of scribed plastic card?

These where my entries into the club competition my wagons built in the last year, also the winning wagon a Parkside Pipe,this is the sort of standard we get to at our club.

judging was by Tony Wright of BRM, a well worth Judge and his talks are great if you are not a P4 modeller.

Ian G

That rusted weathering - especially the work staining on the interiors - looks brilliant Ian.

Can I ask what you mean when you qualify Tony Wright's talks with "if you are not a P4 Modeller"?

Regards

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

My BTU coach and Siphon are slowly progressing, over easter i started another dogfish kit 3 hours of cutting forming and soldering to produce the basic chassis and hopper assembly.

Scott if you are a P4 modeller you get a fair amount of ribbing in one of Tony's talks.

Ian G

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have started on the Shark again, as I intend to plate the sides due to the poor quality of the etched planks, a few holes have been drilled inoth the sides, I will either solder or glue the plates on.

The insides will be planked with plastic card.

Ian G

post-3081-127948572085_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have all the brake gear left to fit to my last 2 dogfish and items for the buffer beams.

The shark i have plated the sides with nickle silver sheet and refining the bumps with wet and dry, the insides will pe planked with plastic card.

Ian G

post-3081-0-42030700-1294589359_thumb.jpg

post-3081-0-13889500-1294589393_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Like the collection of MMP ballast wagon's, you have given me the push l need to have another look at my MMP dogfish, having had a good look at the instructions, maybe they are not as hard as l first though, plus looking at your photo's will help, well done.......

• 6 months later...

After many months of study and a long break til September :no: but with a few projects still to finish. I am back at my bench with a little offering from Scorpio Models in the form of a GWR crocodile, my second kit of this model, the first being one of my early large brass wagon kits that I built.

The story so far about 6 hours work to emboss all the rivets, cut out, clean and fold the main parts of ther kit.

Ian G

post-3081-0-90221900-1337543393_thumb.jpg

post-3081-0-79105100-1337543418_thumb.jpg

post-3081-0-03316600-1337543480_thumb.jpg

• Like 5