The Loop - 0-16.5

Giles

I love the clip of the Field Marshall! My brother was an Agricultural Engineer and Blacksmith, and the Field Marshall was one of his favourites - he had told me all about the cartridge start - but I've never actually seen it in action..... brilliantbiggrin.gif .

The model is a very nice Wrightlines kit, and they do an open cab version as well. I believe there were maybe half a dozen of various gauges in the country - and very charming in their own way they are!

The nice chap who originally offered the invite has been back in touch (I had to get a new computer in February, and lost the relevent email with the contact details - so I couldn't get back in touch sooner), and so it may be that we'll go there another time.

As I watched that video, my sister asked from across the room "why are you watching people machine gunning dogs?" I had to convince her I was really watching an antique tractor starting up, and I'm not sure she thought that was any better!

Paul

• 8 months later...

The Loop has been invited to the Rochdale show in November (....must be mad to be going that far north for the weekend! At least the people are nice!) and ExpoNG '11 which is (a lot) nearer home, so those shows will be fun!

a2.jpg

• 6 months later...

Thanks Dave! I'm afraid I didn't take note..... I had a conventional version on, but YouTube have a very neat system whereby you can select and automatically substitute another track from a list, and it offered me this one!

The first stage HD video editing program I have doesn't edit the audio, so this was the simplest way of doing it. Sorry about that!

All the best,

Giles

Archived