Network SouthEast stripes transfers

cromptonnut

I've found the logos, numbers and various other components for NSE livery in 7mm on the Fox website but they don't appear to do the ready made "striping" as they do in 2mm and 4mm.

Due to lack of experience in airbrushing, I'm reluctant to attempt something that needs to be that accurate on something that has so much potential to go horribly wrong.

Does this ready-made striping exist? Or am I making a mountain out of a molehill, and thus someone here who's done it a hundred times can explain to me how simple it really is? I can't find a dimensioned livery drawing anywhere and I'm a little reluctant to try and "scale up" from a Hornby NSE 121!

My end result will hopefully look something like this: http://www.hondawand...nction_1988.htm.

I think masking off and spraying is a little bit easier in 7mm scale, just make sure you use good quality tape - the Tamiya stuff comes highly recommended.

Use the various parts of hardware on the side of the unit to align your stripes, like the real thing. Once it's all masked, measure at intervals along the strip to ensure that all is square. If not, try again until OK.

For that particular livery, I'd use a white primer, spray the NSE white, mask off, spray the red, mask again, then the grey and finally the blue.

HTH

Archived