small cornish layout

Jonty

hello,

after gaining alot of inspiration from deadwater burn, i have decided to move from 00 gauge into Em/P4, and was looking for advice on design for a small, cornish branch line thats is becoming more and more disused as each year comes. I have 4 Bachmann class 25's, a class 20 and 2 Bachmann blue class 37's, also i have some cov-ab's , bauxite vans and about 10 china clay hoods. I want it to be set in the 70's or 80's.

I dont want to spend too much money, so please could you tell me how to plan it using 1 point?? the scenic board is 4ft 9ins x 9ins.

thanks so much for your time,

Jonny

Well hi Johnny,Hope you are well-not sure if this will be of any use but-The old North Pembs. & Fishguard line got cut off back in the day and left the tiny village of Puncheston with a one point terminus.........

It was on a descending 1:40 gradient,the train first hit the platform,then split to the siding and a short length of the main line (such as it was ) -gravity shunting was the way of it-I guess this could be done in model form with some trickery-a `bubble car or 14xx & auto for the passengers-a simple in & out-the freight woud be a little harder-Too late in the evening to lay out the complete sequence but with a little connivance it could work.......

Keep us posted on this one-sounds interesting

ATB Nick

Archived