Green Peaks - Full Yellow Ends

Hi all.

I am modelling late 60's early 70's pre tops diesels in green and blue. I have painted full yellow ends on several green loco's 20, 37, 55 etc but have a class 44 & 45 I would like to do. The problem is I can't seem to find any pic's of this from that ere for referance. I know 45106 was done late in it's life, but has anybody on here got any pic's of peaks with full yellow ends from the 60's/70's..

Thanks

Dave

Couple of good sites there Baby Deltic, thanks. Barkng bills is very good but no Green Peaks with FYE. Brush veteran's site on the other hand has a great shot of D6 in the required livery at Toton in 71..

Thanks for the link to the previous topic Andy, very useful..

Dave

By the bye does anyone know whether Peaks ran over former GER lines in East Anglia? I don't recall seeing any.

Best, Pete.

I remember hearing there was a plan to move them onto the LLS - Norwich services during the mid 1980's, but unfortunately it never happened. Occasionally inter-regional workings would bring peaks onto the GER mainline between Haughley Junction and Manningtree, where they would head off down the Harwich branch on the Mossend - Parkeston freight. Peaks were also tested on the GE main line after repair at Stratford. I have seen a picture of a class 46 near Brentwood. I remember getting reports of class 45's on shed at Colchester from a mate who was working at Wood's Of Colchester, which overlooked the depot and yard. The only 45 I ever saw at Colchester was 45052 which was at the 1985 open day. (I did see class 40's near Manningtree occasionally on the Mossend - Parkeston.)

Just to add that in the book 'Diesels Around The Eastern Counties' there's a colour shot of 45057 crossing the Stour at Manningtree in 1981 with the Mossend - Parkeston', and a black and white shot of 45017 at Wrabness on the Parkeston - Dorridge car empties on 9/9/80.

Archived