Kato Office Blocks

Claude_Dreyfus

• RMweb Premium

Kato have recently introduced a series of office blocks as part of their highly regarded Dio Town range.

post-6831-128207401601_thumb.jpg

post-6831-12820742379_thumb.jpg

I managed to obtain two of these buildings for Yamanouchi Oshika, and although are Japanese outline could be readily adapted to almost any country. Unlike many of the Dio Town buildings though, they do not come with separate transfer sheets...all signs etc. are already fitted. Still, its not too noticable when viewing from a distance...

These are big...they have a footprint of 12.5 x 11.5 cm, and a height of 22cm from ground to the top of the lift shaft. A Tomytec bus is beside for scale purposes.

The two examples I have are the Broadcasting Building...

post-6831-128207419264_thumb.jpg

...and the Corporate Office Building

post-6831-128207413648_thumb.jpg

I'm looking forward to see how they fit on the layout, and am pretty sure they will prove to be popular for many modellers after some decent modern buildings.

They will no doubt be available via Gaugemaster sometime in the dim and distant future, however can be obtained directly from Japan now, my usual supplier being Hobby Search: Items 4-7 on this page... http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/list/460/0/1

Archived