Forget Anyrail - More Like What Rail?

SXHALL

Hi all,

I have a week off coming up and I am looking to put together a small industrial shunting plank (built on an Ikea floating shelf) in EM gauge. Went on to C&L's website and only now do I realise that I know nothing about what type of rail and the components I'll need! Trackplan will consist of two or maybe three turnouts with a few feet of sidings, will be set around the late eighties and will be an industrial/derelict look in the Southern area.

What I need to know is have I got all the bits I need and is the rail correct for the brief really? scratch_one-s_head_mini.gif

4CH101B - 4mm chairs, 3 bolt pattern - 500

4CH103A - 4mm chairs slide, 4 bolt pattern - 100

4SL103A - 4mm sleepers 8' 6" - thick - 100 (x2 packs)

4TT101B - 4mm turnout timbers, thick - 50 (x2 packs)

4FP101B - 4mm etched brass fishplates - 48 prs

4RA101D - 4mm rail, steel Code 82 - 10 metres

Will be acquiring templot as well to create all the track templates, will then think about converting my 08 and rolling stock to EM!

Already have an order going in to the EM gauge society for the gauges pack they sell, all set then! crazy_mini.gif

Thanks & regards

Sxhall

• RMweb Gold

Hi Sxhall,

For use with those chairs you need code 75 bullhead rail, not code 82 flat-bottom.

Note when threading the rail that the thicker edge is the rail top, the thin edge fits in the chairs:

2_130841_170000000.png

regards,

Martin.

Archived